Down Sativa, Down !

post-30-1162897347_thumb.jpg

this happened last year and it became really annoying having to hack down bundles of limbs every few weeks. can anyone suggest a way to stop/train my sativa before it blocks my neighbours drains? this thing is putting on centimetres a week. i tried snipping the main tip last year but it just kept growing up..

any reasonable ideas appreciated - this thing wont flower 'til well into 2007!

I would be bending it right over and then letting the horizontal nodes go vertical ,

if you just gently twist with your fingers , in your case about 8 -10 inches from the base and then a few various spots up the stem aswell it will make the stem quite flexable , then use something like a tent peg and some string with a heavy object on it to tie it down leave another 6 or 8 inches at the tip to allow it to bend upwards, do this over the course of the next week bit by bit and you will find that you can near enough get it horrizontal , this can have the down side of being less suported when the plant gets heavier however you can simply situate a few bamboo stakes and tie the plant to those in varios places and you have your suport back :blink:

Just be carefull when training and remember to take it at your plants pace so do it bit by bit

Re : RockJuice , It was taken off the market for the same reason as superbud , there is only the organic one now

Hey man dont be affraid to be a bit rough

MHO would be to run a wire across from fence to stake or between 2 stakes at a comfortable hieght that you want it to reach minus the bud size and tie it to that. May as well make it enjoyable to watch

If its in pot put the pot on a slant and tie to the wire then slowly straighten pot over several days??

These things survive hell and still produce!!

if you keep the leaves trimmed it will slow the growth down as well and also get your nodes closer together as the plant is forced in putting out new latts and leaves in order to be able to collect as much energy as it would like to be able to grow as big as it would like, but the best one is to bend it over and lay it down, although this is best done from when they are young it should still be fine, have a look on some gurrillea grow threads on here or have a look on google, any how all the best with it.

hey there gruntus

bloody nice lookin garden ya got there and man that would be great to see if you were able to let it go but as the rest of the lads have said tie that bad girl down and let her grow along the ground that will make for a massive bushy plant and will yeild alot more

cheerz :Dj:

Thanks all, I've trtimmed back most of the big fan leaves and have started bending her downwards.

sols, what's with the Bonza Bud - is it a fertiliser ? why would it slow a plant's growth down ?

I found a piccy of last years' plants in the same spot (taken w/ a phone so not much to look at..) - I was pruning constantly (broke my heart..). Ended up yielding a good quantity of happy sativa.

post-30-1163116133_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gruntus