Manicure

I trim my buds too when there fresh, directly after cutting. I use small scissors and wear latex gloves.(gets messy after the first branch let alone 12 of them) lol

I then lay it all out on some flyscreen mesh. I allways use fresh mesh, not pull a screen out of the window.

Gently tap the bottom of the mesh once a day too loosen them(Stop them sticking)

After 5 or 6 days when the outside is a bit cruncky fellin i put it into glass jars (no more than 3/4 full) and seal up for 24hrs.

Every 24hrs i jiggle the jars too loosen the bud up.(stops them sticking)

I then open the jar and lay it on its side (in a low humidity room 35%-50%) for 1 hr (if very wet you may need to dry some more) before sealing the jar again.

I do this for about 1 to 2 weeks or untill stems become dryish (snap).

It is then ready to smoke as dry weed. :peace: lol

To cure i just seal jars and store in a dry dark spot (cupboard) for a couple a months. Jiggle jars every now and then(Stop them sticking)

Cheers

Buddy.g

Fiskars makes a nice pair of spring scissors, but they're more than $2. I just use dollar store small

pointy ones. Whoever helps me gets to keep em. I tried the gloves, (wanted to pop em in the freezer and peel the hash off but they were too hot!

Now, when I pull a plant in from outdoors it's a big trim. I cut branches so they can hang from the lines I have strung in a cool dark room with fans pointed at the walls to make a good flow of air.

Then I sit and trim off only the big fan leaves. The others are left to slow the drying. The small resin coated leaf can stay or break off later. I hang them with none touching another.

After about 7 days when the stems snap they are dry enough to go into the jars. Now I manicure. Cut away all the stick I can reach with the scissors, and fill big gallon pickle jars loosely, a little more than half yea about 3/4 and I let them breathe for a few hours before capping.

For the first week I shake and open for about an hour every day.

During the second week, every other day until I'm sure it won't mold if I leave it closed.

Then the jars get closed up and kept in a closet.

For harvests from the growbox, I just use pants hangers with a clip at each end and hang those in the dark cool room, then it's the same.

hey,

I would say the harvesting method for small personal growers is semi trim... hang to dry then final trim of small leafs.. for bigger grows the plants are trimmed to almost no leaf then dried.. while the first way is the better way the extra time and effort is not always wanted.. heres a pair of shear scissors pretty cheap but are quite user friendly.. There are some plastic handle ones but quality varies place to place..

ebay.com.au search Spring Loaded Fine Point Scissors Straight Point

http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/c3/3f/bce8_1.JPG

2 more options for the spring loaded shears is spotlight ask for spring loaded sowing scissors (send the missus in as a big tattoo'ed biker lookin for sowing scissors would be a pissa) and the other place where i got mine from is hydromasta off ebay good little trimmin shears

and sharp as all hell too ;) just ask my fingers hehehe

cheerz :peace:

post-7211-1194827592_thumb.jpg

curing your buds intensifies the taste and smell, back to what it should be rather than that dry lawn clipping smell. i'd say it is a must to cure your buds in some way, whether it be a long bottle cure or a shorter bag cure it's totally up to you. it does serve a purpose of bringing out the essential oils back into the dried product and makes sure it is dried properly without risk of mould for storing. experiment and you could be very surprised.

When I started, I used to leave the buds on the stems and trim all the leaves with scissors. Damn hard work. Took me and a mate a couple of days to do an entire crop, left me with a backache for days.

After a couple of years of this, I bought one of those Kermith style machines (sold in Aus as Big Red Shredders). Run off a vacuum cleaner. First up, you cut the heads off the stems, then use the machine to trim any leaf off and dry the buds on racks. Cut the time down to about 20% of what it used to be, still hard work, the combination of the machine + vacuum cleaner nearly deafens ya and no relief on the backache. Plus small buds get sucked into the machine and are gone for good.

Recently bought a Cannacutter. Absolute joy. Trims a soccerball sized handful of buds in 10-20 seconds perfectly, no damage to heads, smallest bud it will trim is about 5mm (tiny). Takes me about 4 hrs to complete my clip solo, no backache, no loud noise, can enjoy the tv while working. Cost a fortune but goddamn it was worth it.