Weed And Engineers

It has been a high concern to me as a dope smoker as to how it would affect me mentally. Some of my friends who are only occasional smokers say they feel more stupid the next day, however I find it not to be so with myself. My dad also (electrical engineer haha) is so dead against smoking pot and also believes it make you less intelligent.

I have observed in myself that when I do maths it takes me longer to do it, but my marks don't suffer. And it's hard to tell if smoking has made me less intelligent or if it is my bipolar, as both cause you to have short term memory loss. My bipolar came on at puberty, I had/am having a hard time with it. I believe it has played a large part in my memory. Smoking started later as a way of self medication. I personally don't think smoking has caused and stupidity in myself, but the bipolar, but I could be being bias.

But anyway, enough rambling. I think that was a great study. A long term study should be conducted on daily smokers to see how they retain information. Or, get an occasional smoker to become a daily smoker and see how they perform academically.

It's interesting. But with myself, weed does play a part in my memory, but mostly, so does my bipolar.

Dope smokers are portrayed as dumb by the media and in anti-pot government ads. This a powerful propaganda tool.

I went to university (25 yrs ago) and met up with a group of heavy pot smokers. We smoked all day, every day, for years. Entire degrees done stoned. Nearly all my friends achieved outstanding results in both science and arts subjects. Especially science,strangely. I googled some of these people recently and the ones I could find are all successful in the public service and private industry including mining and IT.. Some still smoke now and have done so daily for decades. I have returned to study as a mature age student in the last few years and have found no problem at all with brain function. I am not at all surprised with these studies. I am not suggesting ppl study stoned but you certainly can still get great results. Pot can be great when you get stuck on a problem; helps with the blockage so to speak.

Keep your brain active and don't ever think you are just a dumb stoner.

The results are in and I have the Definitive answer as to impact on cognitive ability from long term usage of Cannabis......

The answer is yes there is impact on cognitive function!!!!!! The impact is positive but minor ie it makes you a little bit smarter or then again that might just be wisdom with age.

Two independent government licensed Psychologists have tested the patient at intervals of thirty one years with the earlier test being done at age 15 before the patient was subject to any cannabis usage and again at 46 after 30 years of almost constant use and at times abuse.

The test run in both cases was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Adul...elligence_Scale which is the standard IQ test in OZ

The results in essence show an increase from 94% to 95% on general intelligence scale.

for those who are interested I will fully tabulate the results for a later post if interest is shown

The results in essence show an increase from 94% to 95% on general intelligence scale.

for those who are interested I will fully tabulate the results for a later post if interest is shown

Yeah, I'd like to see the evidence. It sounds like the evidence is based on only one case ("the patient")? I hope not.

The patient was me, the proof is for our case, makes it hard to argue it was misuse of the substance when there is no damage.....

The reason even results from one patient are significant is that the house of Lords in 1999 stated in their report on drugs to the Parliament of England that that before and after testing was "Impossible to obtain" which means they don't have any evidence to contradict the test results I have therefore my evidence must stand

Edited by lightning