Weed And Engineers

As you know I am an Electrical Engineer. I had decided a few Months ago to perform an Experiment with about 15 of my peers. These are other Engineers that I work with. I have been working on this for a While and Here is a Technical Document on my Findings.

Abstract:

There are many studies Available today on the effects of Marijuana On the Human Brain. However what these studies forget to mention Is the demographic they are Created from. One report I read stated 75% of all pot smokers cannot do Basic Mathematics. This report convinced me to do some research on my own. So after Much convicing I managed to get several Volunteers to help me with this. ALL Volunteers are from the scientific community. What I discovered was that Marijuana had very few adverse effects on most functions. With the results I have observed I am of the belief that Marijuana has LITTLE or NO effect on problem solving skills and the brain functions needed to solve Laplace transforms and or Node Analysis

Experiment:

Over the course of several months I tested 15 of my Peers. With doing Intense Math problems. The results are as follows:

First was a set of 25 simple Trigonometric Integrations

Five random people were given 7 grams of White Widow(sativa) grown from a friends garden enough to get the average smoker "Stoned".

Five random people were given 7 grams of Northern lights. A heavy Indica strain in Canada.

Five random people were sober.

For 2 months I did the similar test rotating people and solving more and more complex math(Laplace transforms, Heavy integration, Root locus Diagrams and Ac/Dc Analysis on several complex designs.

Results:

There was approx. a 10 minute time difference between being sober and Being "high" on Northern lights and a 2 minute time difference from white widow.

on average all test results as far a solving the Problems were average of 90% or higher.(Number of questions answered correctly)

Analysis:

Indica produces more of a mind numbing high then white widow but both highs were not strong enough to make the Engineers suffer any kind of disabilitys other then requiring about 6% more time to solve the equations for indica and 2% for sativa.

Conclusion:

I am concluding that Marijuana has little or no effect on math problem solving skills and it is the persons own abilitys to solve such equations. therefor showing that most studies that are performed are performed on less educated people in society. Maybe it is because people who are well know in our community have a lot to lose...(our ring) and other things. therefor they are reluctant to admit there habits. just as a side note: about 85% of all the engineers I know smoke Pot.

Thats it. Cheers Mate!

Edited by HashMakerOilProducts

Great study... if only more non-smokers would agree with it, the world would be a better place.

Don't mean to sound like a tool, but I'm absolutely certain that White Widow is Indica (or at least heavily Indica dominant), although if yours was home grown someone could have certainly crossed some serious Sativa genes in with it, resulting in more of a head high. The widow I've become familiar with kicks your ass down to the couch for hours at a time, which is also a typical indica-heavy trait. Widow is also considered to be more of a medical strain due to a massive thc/low cbn (cnb?) count.

Not sure about the NL, but I can vouch for it as a kickass strain.

Anyhow, hope to see more studies like this in the future - great job.

No pressure

Peace

Interesting stuff HashMakerOilProducts,

cannabis for me enhances my concentration for things like programing, math and anything envolving logical decisions. Perhaps it does increase or enhance ability. Theres some theories about cannabis playing a role in stimulating the brain to increase synapses and nero pathways.

Theres another less known theory that it was mans experiment with substances such as cannabis that played a pivotal role in the evolution of the human brain, not the consumption of meat which is more commonly accepted.

thanks again for the experiment.

:freak:

lol

Good One HashMaker ,

Nice to see someone actually doin the experimenting :peace:

I agree that basically if ya know how to do something well 'straight' then most likely you wouldn't have too much trouble doin it stoned ... It certainly seems that way to me ...

In fact sometimes I think You can do It even better if ya can get into the 'Zone" .. maybe dependant on the type of Strain and mood etc tho ...

Now the fact that they say Most stoners can't do basic Math is just a cheap shot and totally untrue ...

Sure there are educated and not so educated people who are stoners , as there are in all walks of life ... It's like saying Most people who die in car accidents are no good at mathematics .. BullsShit and how would they know anyway ..

Besides , Show me full time Stoner who doesn't know basic maths , i.e. Going rates on deals , Weight ratios , Volume measurements , Time measurements , a whole host of other more than basic maths skills and loads of Guestamation :peace:

Anyway , enough of my ranting ... Gotta go and evolve my mind lol

Budman :peace:

(P.s. , Would be interesting to compare other drugs aswell , especially alcohol) :freak: