Weed that doesn't look like weed

I have scored and grown "Bindi Buds" . They really are bizarre,single leaf and not hands,smooth edged leaves not serrated,as in photo very purple stems, look more like sagebrush bush than dope,buds dry out dark purple to almost black,not very strong. Unfortunately the seeds I grew all turned out male. The mature females a mate grew where winteries and didn't get big puffballs like in one of the photos more like the woosy ones in the 1st photo,like pussy willows,its not that pungent ,really a waste of time except you might be able to pull a fairly large crop that might be suitable for hashish! Plod might not immediately recognize it but I'm sure drug squad would either recognize it or be curious unfortunately :scratchin:

I don't mean to piss on any idea from a great height, but finding a plant that doesn't look like grass isn't the answer people think it is, not in ever yinstance anyway.

That the idea is in "guerilla growing", so I'm just asuming the idea is to confuse people who are stumbling across a grow in their back paddock, or in a national park etc... forestry..council land..

If it's the backyard of your own house, and you mean to disguise it from the next door nosey bastards, then it's got merit, but otherwise..Don't foegt the "mong" weed firt bcame a publically aware plant when nosey neighbours noticed an unusual bush that didnt look loke marijauan, all around the back yard of people who gave them constant care and attention. the very thing they were trying to cause NOT to happen. Peope are batsards.

I've walked people through a patch I grew, intenionally to see if they'd notice it, and they didn't. they were city people, and not smokers granted..they came out to the bush to kill things. A mutual mate asked me if I could set them somewhere, and the only place I trusted them with weapons was a spot I was growing in, a leased block that no farmer, anyone had been in for 30 years.

I was tripping and thought it would be funy to walk them through the crop. There were 8 plants in the plot I choose, two rows of 4, all extremely large, clasic plants.

I stood them right in the middle of them, in what was a dry, grey clay soil barren area. The only green plant at all; was the dope.

these clowns were dressed for war, with a huge hunting dog. I actually convinced them I was so impressed with them, an their otfits; I had them in their camoflague gear, bloody near machine guns they carried, extra ammo on their belts, kneal down in the dead set middle of the plants while I snapped a pic off of them, weapons at the ready. They loked like some madmen ina far away country defending a crop with guns at the ready. Never actually going to do it, I did think what a blackmail photo it would make.

I laughed for years.

Another time, I stood next to a plant on a river bank while fishing for bass. A mate around the bend of the creek neded a "tackle back" and I had to kneel down to access my backpack. We were in very deep in a nice scrub creek. As I set my knee down, I noticed a shrub "swoosh" away as it fell under my weight. That's what woke me up; I thought "I know that plant". I stood up, the plant stood up with me. I had been standing literally right on a dope plant for ten minues, and didnt know it. It was about head high.

Everyone knows these stories right?

But consider a plant that looks "odd" for any reason. Especially with a drought on, but any time at all, there is a constant stream of mail going to land-owners lease holders of forerstry blocks and state workers who scurry through the bush in forstery, council, state land, who's onlyjob is looking for weed that is not supposed to be there.

I mean "weeds". There's a bulletin that gets maileda round, nailed at the local produce store etc of weds that might be int he area that havent been nefore. it's a constant isue that as farmers constantly looking over their land to be sure they aren't affect with. It's a serious part of farming I suppose many people aren't aware of.

Farmers are so accustomed to looking across their paddock for weers that are out of place, I've seen guys stop their work car, and walk down a ravine, up the other side, just to see what they "odd looking little bush " is. Something no larger than a scotch thistle.

This country has rubber plant up north that's destroyed tens of thousands of farmer's properties, LAnatana throughout the middle, and blackberries down south; outof control and made famers, council workers, forestry leasers, forsety works insane with paranoid dedication to examining each and everry litle weed they come acorss. . In among all that is about a hundred noxious plants deadly to cattle, and the list grows every day, as straw is moved from one side of the coutrry to another, all these land workers become more and more alert.

Farmers, lease holders and state employees are on high alert, (now and always) for plants that they haven't seen before, incase it's an imported weed withthe last free straw they had deliveder in drought aid, a weed that just might over-run their farm and destory them, or at least kill all their cattle.

The best thing is to just pick ya spots well.

When the cops go looking for grass in my area, they get the SES to help. They train them to not even look for dope plants, but for cigarettes, water cans, shit paper, anything odd..plants are just too hard to find.

It's a great topic and I love it. I just worry people might think a new and unusual plant in some bloke's forestry lease (and all forestry is leased by someone running cattle), or some similar space is going to go un-noticed. In fact forestry workers I know stopped informing cops when they fpound even the bigest of holes in their work areas. But if they find a new and unsual plant, they're obligued to report it as a posible danger.

cheers all.

rob

Finding a plant that doesn't look like grass isn't the answer people think it is, not in every instance anyway.

I agree Rob. Just because a plant doesn't look like the cannabis plant that everyone is farmiliar with doesn't mean that it won't get unwanted attention. The first I know of the police being aware of Mongy Weed arose when someone in Brisbane was busted after an elderly lady doing a door knock appeal noticed the plants in the front yard of a house she visited. Being a keen gardener and liking the look of the plants she took a cutting with the hope of identifying and buying some to grow herself. She took it to her local nursery and when they couldn't identify it suspisions were raised and the rest is history.

The best thing is to just pick ya spots well.

Thats it exactly Rob. The advantage of plants like Mongy Weed and to a lesser degree Duckfoot is their ability to blend into other vegetation easily without the tell tale cannabis leaf to give them away that even the most sheltered of people knows. A few Mongy plants here and there in a veggie garden or hidden amongst other vegetation will never be noticed from my experience. I've had people notice a single normal plant in a garden without even going into it and overlook the 20 or 30 Mongy Madness plants that were there on many occasions. Council bushland, parks, front yards etc. are unrealistic places to grow pot, even with plants like Mongy Madness but it does give alot more options for growing places thats for sure.

Long before anyone knew what Mongy Weed was I was still cautious about where I grew it and have never had a single plant ripped or found.