Disadvantages of smoking using a bong

Hey there

I've only recently begun smoking pot, and I was introduced to it by using a bong.. now, I hear that it is the least effective method and the most detrimental to your health. Shed some light on this, please!

And if anyone knows where to buy local vapourizers (preferrably in QLD), please tell me!

EDIT: I've read here many people have found vapourizers in Off Ya Tree in brissie.. are they any good? Do you just ask for a vapourizer at the counter or is there another name they operate with? xD

Edited by miickEe

:thumbsup:

Hey MiickEe ,

Well , a Vape is a healthier method , also ingesting orally (Eat it) :peace: ...

But I find Vapes to have a different effect , one I'm not impressed with so far after very limited experience tho ...

As for Bongs .. I wouldn't say they are the least healthy at all ... and certainly I think A simple bong gives a much better effect with less wastage ...

The Best Effect Imho ...

Healthwise , Well , I think if done sensibly (Clean Bong , Don't smoke massive stompers etc) then It has very little real detrimental effects ...

And Is also thought by some people to actually help cough up any garbage leftover from the smoke ... But that is just a theory ... one I think Is valid tho ...

But By all means Buy a Vape if you got the cash , and see how It works for ya ... if so , then great , and you will save your lungs much hassle ...

Good luck with finding what works well for you ... But I wouldn't discredit the humble Bong ... Tis a great simple invention I reckon :)

Budman :peace:

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it.

I prefer a bong hit, so would it be alright if I compromised my health in the name of preference? And is the health benefit so great between using a bong and a vapourizer that it would warrant actually buying a vapourizer. If so, what kind of vapourizers do they sell at Off Ya Tree, and at what price? If not, is it easy to buy a bong in the middle of Brisbane city at Off Ya Tree and carry it around without being pulled up by the cops? xD

High Again ...

Just thought I'd say .. yes , there is an obvious health difference ...

No smoke with a Vape , But smoke is dealt with by the lungs fairly easily , Imho we are evolved to breathe smoke , from woodfires at least ...

And I myself think the hit or few from the Bong is the best way , Little is smoked , but almost none is wasted .. it is efficiant I think the word is ...

And yes , You can Buy a great 20-40$ Glass Bong that will be optimal from many places ...

I find the best places to be certain Novelty shops as Tobacconists rarely have a good range ...

There was always a Good one At "Pac Fair" down the coast from you ... I forget the shop name , maybe Whats New ... Not Granny Mays i don't think ...

If ya get me :peace:

Sorry , I have been to Brisbane , But I'm not familar with the Off Ya Tree shop ... But Sounds good to me ...

And as for gettin hassled , naaah , Just keep it in the bag man ... be discreet and there should be no problem at all ...

:peace:

Good Luck with that .. and hopefully someone may know a little more about this Off Ya Tree place ...

Cheerz ;)

Budman ;)

P.s.. .. ya can usually get a bong from Tobacconists , but they usually have crap ones in my experience ... But always good for spare conepeices and stems , rubber seals , Pipe connections etc. ;)

Altho , Conepeices these days .. man what a rip-off , $4 for a conepeice?? , Thats extortion ... heheh ... anywayz ... Seeya ... :)

Nah fuck it mate, stick with a bong from the sounds of it - what health impacts are your friends talking about? There's an old study showing a joint has the highest ratio of THC to tar, but I believe that was tested with a robot just sucking down a joint (of NIDA schwag?) and gas spectrometry for the analysis. Bongs cool the smoke significantly, trap a lot of particulates, there's benefits to both I'd say.

At the end of the day, no-one has died from using cannabis that we know of, cannabinoids have anti-cancer, anti-oxidant, neural-protective (and many other) properties so there's no real evidence to show that there's any measurable harm at a physical level. Mentally I think that's still open to debate, some people are clearly not suited to smoking cannabis - age is a factor, experience, but it does look like genetics and even common-sense plays a part.

Vapes are brilliant, I only vape or smoke joints, but it's not worth it unless you're spending $500 to $800 for the best models. And even then, they've got a LONG way to go as far as user friendliness, portability, size, price etc. etc. etc. If your lungs can handle bong hits, I'd save your money and stick with it. My lungs can't, I could never smoke anything more than a toke at a time with plenty of air to suck it down, so vaping is the way to go for me. And even then, there's definitly a difference in the high. I only wish I could suck cones down in one go, cheap, fast and effective - but my lungs just can't handle that.

Alright, thanks for the tips guys.. :thumbsup:

To get the best, cleanest high, what kind of bong should I get.. and keep in mind practicality and durability. :peace: What size, material, brand?

EDIT: What's the normal price for a decent bong, and how much SHOULDN'T I pay for one? xD

Edited by miickEe

Hi miickEe, welcome to OS and the peaceful world of stonedness :peace:

I hear that it is the least effective method

Imo, the only better/more efficient 'hit' than a nice clean bong is a 'bucket', in fact the hit is so good that it'll near blow ya head off :thumbsup: , so I save em for special occasions ;)

As for bongs, I like to use a gauze in the cone to keep most of the ash out. This method keeps my bong near on spotless. I also change the water for every sesh, and the colder the water the smoother your hit will be :peace:

Unless it's appearances that you're concerned about, don't waste any money on a flash bong. Get a good cone and some gauzes and just use a 600ml plastic drink bottle and some garden hose and replace it whenever it gets a bit skanky, I don't even clean the fuckers, just toss it and get a new one.

is it easy to buy a bong in the middle of Brisbane city at Off Ya Tree and carry it around without being pulled up by the cops? xD

As far as know, an unused bong is about as illegal as a vase with a hose in it, so if a greasy pig does hassle you, politely tell em to fuck off ;)

Happy bong smokin bro

:)

Heheh , Nice Post 67s ,

:peace: , Politely tell them to fuck off .. good advice :peace:

And as for Bong prices .. as I said .. 20-50$ ... and more accuratly $15 to 35$ is all I have ever paid , for standard or smaller Glass (Pyrex) Bongz ...

:)

Go the Magic WaterPipes .. or um ... is It Agung? .. someone will tell ya the best brands anywayz ..

I have gotten a fair few MWP's and found them to be quite good ...

Oops ... I totally left this reply .. I forget where I was goin .. So ...

Heheh , Bye 4 Now ... ;)

Budman ;)