AK's clones & Thai Satvia Germination for Summer 06

ozmade .....Hey nit with crate you use to plant in you get a garden stake cut it in half and place one half in each corner of the crate and tie your trellis to that then train the plant through it and that way you can move it out of site when needed.

Looking foward to another one of your out doors grow...

ozmade ..... Hey nit another lil through i just had.

With the grate why dont you see if you can knock up a screen and try an out doors SOG, some thing a lil diffrent for out doors...

Thanks Oz M8, The only problem I see with using some sort of fixed screen is the difficulty in manovering

it. If I have your idea correct I would attach a screen (net) in 2 courners st the rear of the pot and train the plant fixing it to the trellis.

I think the Thai would be just too big a plant to fix a net to a screen attached to the 'create'. It would fill in in no time at all as it is a massive plant reaching 6'............ :peace: .

I just know that I'd like to be able to move the plants. thanks for your idea Oz.

Indycar ...Oh nitram, your growing one of my all time favourite strains with the Thai. I'm keen to keep an eye on this grow.

All the best this season mate.

Thanks Indy - I have some AK's which nodoubt will go through a re-veg, grow maszive in some 25Lt pots (largest I have).

Dose anyone have an idea of something like a lar4rge 'garbage bin' I could use as a pot that would allow some massive rootspac and yet be suitable.

So , atm I'm thinking of obtaining 2 more milk creates and do 2 AK's in them - garbage bins would be a llittle to heavy for me to pick up to move very far & possible drainage problems.

Keep some more ideas comming please. :peace:

G'day Nitram lol Aww, dont ya just love little babies :peace: :peace:

Does anyone have an idea of something like a large 'garbage bin' I could use as a pot that would allow some massive rootspac and yet be suitable.

Would you be able to use one of the big garbage bins, the round plastic ones? I realise they would be quite heavy to move around though, they sell plant stands with wheels on them at bunnings though. Maybe one of these would help with moving it :peace:

http://www.bigsafety.com.au/images/bin72l%20copy_sml.jpg + http://barware.cart.net.au/images/products/00001394_187074.jpg = B)

Or, maybe if you had access to an old "wheelie bin" you could cut it off halfway down, and put some drainage holes in the bottom. They have wheels attached so the moving part is taken care of already lol

Just a couple of suggestions anyways, I'm sure you'll work something out mate ;)

nugget :peace:

Dose anyone have an idea of something like a lar4rge 'garbage bin' I could use as a pot that would allow some massive rootspac and yet be suitable.

So , atm I'm thinking of obtaining 2 more milk creates and do 2 AK's in them - garbage bins would be a llittle to heavy for me to pick up to move very far & possible drainage problems.

Keep some more ideas comming please. :peace:

Umm yeah mate, i suppose some lined milk crates are a good idea if ya get stuck. I recently bought a few 50 litre pots from a hydro store for $10 a pop, it was'nt until the following day that i seen Bunnings had the same pots for $9 a piece, there was a choice of either with holes or without in the bottom. Rubbish bins would be ok too, but if ya dont wanna stuff ya back like i have, prolly find something a bit smaller maybe. Nuggets caster wheel base is a bloody good idea if ya wanna go big though. If ya do go with the plastic rubbish bins, be careful where you drill the drain holes, especially in the sides of em, I'd guess with excess soil/water in em, they'd have a tendancy to split, being the type of plastic they're made of.

:peace:

Edited by Indycar

Thanks nugget those wheels I have not seen before. I don't suppose the wheels set comes in the price ($9-$10) would it. A garbage bin size it just what I am thinking of however the ghetto grow is my style as I spend as least as is possible to grow keeping my $ low.

I'm thinking by the looks of them wheels they wouldn't cope with da weight.

A large bin like you pictured is what I was thinjking about & I could just drag it when needed to move it around.

nuggy ..... Or, maybe if you had access to an old "wheelie bin" you could cut it off halfway down, and put some drainage holes in the bottom. They have wheels attached so the moving part is taken care of already

That would defeat the purpose of more root room = bugger plant = more bud

Indy .....Umm yeah mate, i suppose some lined milk crates are a good idea if ya get stuck. I recently bought a few 50 litre pots from a hydro store for $10 a pop,

Thanks Indy , but $40 (4x pots) is way over my grow budget I am affraid :peace:

So far creates are the go - but IO need more bottom room for the roots to develope. Unfortunately my back garden has limited in ground deapth (soil deqth) to the soil and then there is the problem of moving the plant if

Thanks again for the wheel option nuggs ........... but I think the cost of them only to have them buclel under 50kg+ may be a waste of $.

:peace: Thanks for ya ideas peeps

Hi peeps - :peace: 3 x Thai's have been potted into

post-5398-1160893818_thumb.jpg

there individual little 3 week homes

.................... :peace: post-5398-1160893915_thumb.jpg :peace: post-5398-1160893954_thumb.jpg :peace: post-5398-1160893999_thumb.jpg

There is one more which is just oioed its head out to see if the coast is clear left in the germ pot.

2 - 3 more should be up in the next 2 - 4 sdays as I think I buried them a little deeper. :toke:

ozmade .....Lets hope they are nice big fat Thai bitches...

well ''fat' I know the bud won't ever be like the Indica's. Howver you can obtain more per-plant in 1 5-6' Indica.

Well I am in a reall tiz over how I am going to present (Style) these majic , strong , pshchodelic monsters this year :peace: Definately if I can obtain a few mild creates I could use 75% Coco & 25% Perlite as a medium in one and cojava script:emoticon('lol', 'smid_5')

:peace: in pots in the other.

The other thing is that I could do some LST,

Note: After last years long haul (7 mths)) I leant that the most ecomonical and convienient way to grow this strain is to taked cuttings once sexed and flower the cuttings out. If I can time this right I should have time to have no plants give me the troubles I have with them peaking over the fence in the past. :peace:

:peace: :toke: