Really mattdesruction , I can't imagine why , unless your experiences you refer to are a combo of smoko and booze in which case the ALCOHOL is the problem. Now if you lack the ability to drive stoned then DON'T do it. However my personal experience of driving stoned for 33 years ,the whole time I have driven,15 years as a "professional" driver(retired), I can't see how it has affected my driving , I haven't been booked for any driving offences in 16 years and I'm not always an angel on the roads. My girlfriend has experienced my skills first hand and the few "scares" driving we have had she was impressed with my deadly quick reflexes when IDIOTS have tried real hard to hit us.The research backs up my opinion and the manipulated stats mean nothing ,when you delve into it nearly all of these drivers have booze in them as well and research shows even at .04 (legal) your ability is greatly affected, I suggest you check out the links on my site DTS to learn more. ;) Edited by Jess Stone

Hey,

i just have a lil story and i need some help understanding what happened.

Ok Friday night i was designated Driver for four friends so i smoked instead. It was my best friends car and we were both smoking. Well i pulled some joints just before she said she was tired (as you get from smoking) and wanted to head home about 2am so we did. Well i was driving no probs and then we hit a breath test thing. i never been pulled up for it before so i was excited and yea so i blew into the thing and he said 'you are over'...... What the fuck there is not way i could have been i said 'i swaer on my life i haven't' so he got his friend and that one came up over too.( i only on my p's so yea. i said this is BS and yea he ended up letting me go coz it was like the lilist bit over. But i am still confussed on what made it read that coz i had non????Can pot do it???? Please Drop me your knowlegde at sicklittledevil@hotmail.com, really would help

Lov Flick

Hey.. Didnt rear very well... But all i know is i once had a friend who should piss in a glass so they could trace if he smoked or not ( or other drugs ) But he just Dipped his finger in some bathroom soap and then you simply must piss on your hand and down in the glass.. This should screw the test result so they cant read a shit... and the last i heard is People in prison up here who are into thoose pisstest are using gloves now.. So if ya not have to use Gloves.. piss on your hand ":thumbsup:"

True but they could have said it was an open licenced Driver or something. The copper said some thing like i was only i dont know the lilist bit and he can't book me for it, i dont know i wasn't really with it i was ready for a fight but. Thanks tho. But i have decided not to be designated driver anymore, Someone else can go through that shit :thumbsup:

German Supreme Court Rejects "Zero Tolerance" Drugged Driving Law in Cannabis Case

Germany's Federal Constitutional Court, the highest court in the land, has ruled that tiny traces of THC in a driver's bloodstream are not sufficient to convict him of driving while intoxicated and punish him by revoking his driver's license, the German news web site Tagesschau reported. Until the ruling, any trace of illegal drugs in one's system would have been sufficient for a conviction. The January 13 ruling overturned a lower court ruling in Karlsruhe.

In that case, an unnamed Karlsruhe man was convicted of driving under the influence after having smoked hashish the previously night -- 16 hours before he was arrested. Police tested and arrested him after he came to a police station on an unrelated matter. The test showed he had less than 0.5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood in his system. But the German high court held because advances in drug testing technology allowed the most minuscule traces to drugs to be detected, German courts must reinterpret what constitutes drug driving. It suggested a level of 1.0 nanograms of THC may be a reasonable cut-off point.

The German court ruling contradicts model drugged driving laws crafted by the US Office of National Drug Control Policy and a private drug testing firm, the Walsh Group. That model law calls for a "per se" assumption that any amount of an illicit drug is evidence of impaired driving and is being pushed in state legislatures across the country. :thumbdown:

source

This really, really scares me.. yes, it is a blatant disregard for our privacy and rights as citizens. But then again, the government is always the last to listen to reason.

I've driven home totally baked before, and I'll tell you, it was a totally different driving experience. I wouldn't recommend it. Although I drove really cautiously, I knew I was tripping out on the road and my reaction time was not as good as it would have been if I had been sober. What annoys me is that they could detect the slightest bit of THC in your saliva or even in your bloodstream maybe many, many hours after a session. This scares me a lot.

If there is a zero-tolerance on marijuana and other drugs, then why is there not zero-tolerance on alcohol and/or tobacco? They are drugs as well, let us not forget, legal ones. Ones that are used by everyone, even members of parliament and government officials. If there was zero-tolerance on driving under the influence of alcohol, there would be a huge outrage. And yet those complaining would not be labelled druggos trying to defend their habits, but outraged citizens standing up for their right to drink. Why do we not recieve the same label? Impairment of judgment and the senses required for safe driving occurs after a sufficient amount of marijuana is taken.. why not establish a maximum limit like the .05% BAC for drink driving? It is because they don't want to admit that because they use alcohol and tobacco they are, in fact, drug users, and we are no different. To change one's state of mind has become not only a luxury but also an instinct, a drive. Why are we denied the right to this?

In my opinion, amphetamines, cocaine, heroin, ecstacy, LSD etc SHOULD NOT EVER be used while driving and should remain illegal, but marijuana should be considered a class drug in the realms of alcohol and tobacco, and thus should recieve the same treatment.

Edited by miickEe

as per my post in the para section...

I have been doing the research on Tassie roadside testing. This follows the model of Victoria (to some extent) as well now SA has it with Qld and NSW to follow soon.

The Tasmanian one takes around 5 min and at present is only used when they consider the person to be 'intoxicated' with something other than alchohol.

The product , Drugwipe ][ Twin made by Securetc is two swabs that get put into your mouth to gather salvia. At present this one tests for speed or ganja. speed within 24hrs of use. Ganja 2 to 6 hours of use (own propaganda).

see:

http://www.securetec.net/cms/front_content...=2&idcat=10

What I am trying to work out if some of the products available such as these work:

http://www.testclear.com/SpitNKleen-Mouthwash-P2C0.aspx

http://www.passitkit.com/mouth%20peace.htm

In an article by police in a local paper it stated that one in three goes do not work and unlike breathe testor the test cannot show a positive gathering of salvia.

In tasmania a positive test means that you are taken to the police station for a blood test to formally charge you with driving under the influence.