Drug driving testing starts next month in South Australia and is set to pick up the minutest levels of THC and amphetamines in the body so that someone who smoked 3 days before will be "a drugged " driver

if anyone can help me with more info :peace: Please do!

also if anyone knows of any good web pages to do with pasing your saliva test please email me

at aphofisman@yahoo.com.au not on this forum we do nt wat the bakon knowing!

Im sorry Aphofisman ,

I dont know too much about this except that i beleive that THC stays in ur sytem for about 12 weeks.

I may be wrong and it depends on how u live ur life otherwize...

But other drugz will stay in ur SYSTEM much longer...

(Psyilo... Im lookin at U) !!!

lol

Dont get ripped off into believing thgat there is any quick fix to get these drugz out of your system...

There is many a scam out there (NO I Dont Run Them!!!)... hehe ;)

Sorry for my long wind (Aproach with Caution!) hehe ;)

Is late, so I must move on and not bother u no more!

:peace:

Good luck with ALL! (seeya later)

;) Budman ...Out. :) P.s. Sor. if I wasted ur Time.. but it is of the essence ...

;)

With this particular test amphetamines can be detected up to 24hrs after taking

and THC can be detected in the salive for several hours, not days or weeks (there would be too much argument against driving under the influence if it was more than a few hours anyway)

For more reading try here http://www.stopthink.sa.gov.au/stopthink/d...driving_FAQ.asp

The one good thing is the inclusion of a clause that says the tests and results can only be used for drug driving, results cannot be used for any other proceedings or investigations.

There must be a chemist amongst us that can come up with some sort of mouthwash you can carry in your car, to be used when you see an RBT.

As I have said before, you'd have to be pretty unlucky to et tested once the initial enthusiasm runs out.

As dysfer has already said they test cannot detect mj in ya saliva past 12hrs i think but it may be a max of 24 hr not to shore and really depends on how much ya smoked but hey past that ya fine.

and a mate of mine took amphetamines a while ago and then crashed his car 10hr later and the cops have said nothing of it and we in melb and have had these drug tests for ages

so all in all you should be safe and from what i've experianced from the melbourne tests is that they only start with a very few buses 1 or 2 and to tell you the truth you will lucky to see them

what we all have to keep in mind is that this is the same way that random breath tests started for drink driving so in the near future i can honestly see these little tests in ever cop car

it will be like "licence and rego sir blow in this lick on that can i take some blood and ya fingerprints and fuckit lets get a DNA sample while where here"

such bull shit

cheerz :peace:

I heard a rumour last week that QLD cops will also be starting roadside drug testing in July :toke:

So far I have been unable to confirm this, but honestly I'm suprised that the Nazis in Blue up here didn't get on the band wagon years ago.

If it does become as common as RBT, roadtrips will never be the same!

It's hard to imagine spending hours driving down that boring highway STRAIGHT!!!

Just need more straight friends for drivers I suppose.

Remember the first bloke to be charged with Drugged Driving in Vic (or Australia for that matter),

after having his face plastered all over the media, the blood tests returned negative!

Cops wouldn't even appologise, so last I heard he was sueing 'em ;)

I personally won't be driving stoned for awhile. At least until the dust settles and we know where we stand.

Stay alert guys!

Agree with Stoney on them having a drug test kit in every cop car eventually, no doubt there.

If push comes to shove, you can swig some alcohol if you see the drug bus in time. I've heard you don't get drug tested if you return positive for alcohol. Don't take that as fact tho eh. Plus it's only a last ditch attempt to beat the test.. they'll figure it out if it's a glitch ;) But apparently they make you blow in the bag first, if negative, then the drug swab.

So if you took a swig when seeing the bus, you'd blow over 05, but drop down before the 10 minute cool off period. Maybe cough medicine could be enough to, dunno.

Read the statistics on that stopthinkSA site and they sure know how baffle with bs. They are comparing drug driving fatalities in VIC with the drink driving fatalities in SA... don't see the relevence there..

We know it's going national just like RBT did, so there's no need for bs number comparisons.

The only answer for the Q of how long before I'll be able to drive after a billy, seems to be 'several hours'. But you sure have no come back if you test positive, even after days of no use.. Have not seen that written anywhere, but how are you going to prove it? No-one will go to court to fight a 300 buck fine for drug driving, to prove they had abstained for days before the driving test.

Only way clear would be to pass. You can still have your 'half' of the test swab independantly tested too.

For speed, ice and meth 24 hours they reckon.

:toke:

I found this on SAB forums... nice lil read

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...t=0entry94826

'It was set to currently test for Methamphetamine and THC but now the media have constructed a field day in pushing to close what they call a 'loop hole' whereby ecstasy is not tested, and in comparison with their police research data saying 1 in 3 people who had car crashes were on ecstasy they are now hurrying legislation through parliament for July 1st. With the acceleration of the New World Order in Australia, including my home state South Australia it bothers me, especially since world first draconian legislation has just been passed in South Australia to allow police to PERMANENTLY keep the DNA and fingerprints of ANY person arrested for ANYTHING, even if they are not charged or convicted. This includes if someone is picked up for pissing on a fence or being drunk in public, and means the police will be able to track any DNA or fingerprints a person leaves behind to them. This is especially frightening if you consider the huge case of identity theft in the world and the now easy ability to frame people for things. Formerly, the law was semi-passed in SA and the police were supposed to destroy it if a person was not convicted or charged with an offence but police corruption kept occuring and it was foundout that DNA evidence which SHOULD have been destroyed of innocent people was indeed not being destroyed, so as usual the government does whatever it wants to do and passes a law so it can do what it wants.

Getting back to the random drug testing section this is a worry because it has nothing to do with saving lives on the road, no matter what the media or parliament will originally tell you. Their government agenda is to keep a more advanced eye on people and gain greater control. Forget the permanent red light/speed cameras being installed in every traffic light, random drug testing will allow the police to know exactly WHO has and uses what drug and when. Just wait and you will see, methamphetamine and THC will be the original substances they'll test, a few months later they'll start including MDMA, LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, PCP, probably Mescaline, Cathinone, and anything else which is illegal, thereby invading a persons freedom as they may not be driving on the substance but still have it in their system.

Currently, my main general concern in the law is the THC one. THC has a halflife and is quite hard to get rid of from one's body. What if someone smoked Marijuana the day before, or days before, or smoked a HUGE amount of Marijuana the day before. Would THC still showup positive and thus cause MANDATORY 6-12 month disqualification of one's licence, with a court hearing 4 months down the track and a $500 fine?

Just thought I'd make people aware of what's happening and rebel against the media propaganda and the claim that their long term objective is a positive one.' - SaBReT00tH, Jun 19 2006, 09:33 PM

hope that helps

stevo

Oh yer forgot to mention my opinion on it. ;)

i think its fucked. granted it might drop road fatalities and crashes n shit but at what cost?

i think the post i read previously was talking about how this will invade our personal space as driving

is such an essential part of life due to work etc and thus infringing on our right to do illicit substances if we want to. i think ive seen 4hrs for thc which is reasonable but it would depend on the individual sometimes upto 12hrs

which is completely and utterly fucked considering one can be straight after 2 or 3 let alone 12. i think thats why

they have chosen 4hrs. as for amphetamines 10-12hrs is a bit unreasonable i think as it wares off in half that or less after initial dosing. to the chemists out there: would the amphetamine test cover all its analogues and similar compounds suchh as MDMA,MDA etc? and i dont know about you but the occaisional time my cat drives stoned he concentrates harder and drives better and breaks less road rules..:peace:

then again do cats have road rules? :toke:

my thoughts on the issue

Steve