From Step 1

Alright guys, I am extremely knew here, I've been smoking for a while and I am honestly tired of paying high prices for low grade weed. I am thinking about growing my own. My problems are:

1. Limited funds

2. No place (inside)

3. No idea how

I need you guys to help me, from germination to harvest. Bare in mind that I am totally knew to all this so don't get too mad. This looks like an amazing community, I hope I can contribute.

Hi t(- _ -t) and welcome to Ozstoners :xcited:

To answer your questions as easily as possible;

1. Nirvana sells a decent (imo) range of quite cheap seeds, which are great for if you are just starting out. You can order them from alot of different places, I have had a good experience with www.planetskunk.com before (as have alot of people). Quick delivery, and quite helpful too if you should have any problems :doh:

2. I guess that leaves outside then hey :doh: I'm not an outdoor grower, but obviously you will need a nice sunny spot where chances of being found are nil, also you wouldnt want anyone to smell it I'm sure, so you will have to be certain its out of the way of neighbours/passers-by/mates noses. There are many experienced outdoor growers here who should be able to help you more with this part though :(

3. There is a HEAP of information on pretty much the whole growing process, from gemination to drying/curing your finished product in THIS PART of the forum. If you cant find the info you like even after searching, as I said I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

Hope this helps, sorry if not :)

:peace:

I live in the U.S so it's illegal to purchase seeds, I'm going to pick them from my stash (will it work? and is saying that legal on this site?) Thank you for a quick reply, I'll be waiting for more people who know more about outdoor growing.

EDIT: My computer is slow, so it would be much appreciated if you just posted the information you have on outdoor growing (starting from germination here) sorry if that's too much to ask :xcited:.

Edited by t(- _ -t)

Hey t(- _ -t) mate how goes it? :peace:

Work out what you have to grow with? What soil, how much room etc. What nutrients, possible pests, threats from cops and rippers and find the best way to get some bud thro. Work out how much you need.

Don't worry if your computer is slow, it will be faster than cannabis grows :xcited:

Have fun with it mate.

Work out what you have to grow with?

Can't I just plant it in regular soil outside? How does this stuff grow in the wild, it's supposed to be a weed right?

What nutrients, possible pests, threats from cops and rippers and find the best way to get some bud thro. Work out how much you need.

again, what nutrients, can't i just plant it outside? What is the real chance that cops will catch me if I plant outside, how can they link me to the ganja? And what do you mean about the best way to get the bud through?

EDIT: How would I go about shipping seeds into the U.S. I am pretty sure it's illegal but will there be any reprecussions? Will they check and detain my purchase at customs?

EDITx2: What is a clone and what is the difference between a cloned plant and a seed one?

Edited by t(- _ -t)

EDIT: How would I go about shipping seeds into the U.S. I am pretty sure it's illegal but will there be any reprecussions? Will they check and detain my purchase at customs?

EDITx2: What is a clone and what is the difference between a cloned plant and a seed one?

you're gonna get in more trouble for growing mj than you would importing seeds so i wouldnt be too concerned about the order, just make sure you are not growing at the time you place it :xcited: oh and if it is picked up, you wont ever see it again and will probably get a letter, phone call or visit from someone telling you that you did naughty things :peace:

best way to explain the difference between seeds and clones is that a clone is already a living plant whereas a seed is just that....clones have the advantage of generally being 100% female as long as the person you got it from has sexed it + flowered it out, they are also on average a month ahead in terms of development compared to a seedling, etc. too many reasons to list, read over the forum and you shall find the info you seek :doh:

another thing, if you are that pissed about paying lots of money for low grade weed, then dont spend a cent on that dirt weed and put the money you are not spending into your crop...it'll make the world of difference, especially considering if you invested $300 which is the average price of an ounce, with the help of us here at ozstoners, we can have you growing 8oz or more in like 2-3 months depending on a few things, but none the less, would you prefer to pay $300 for a single ounce or $300 for around 8oz or more?

what you gotta understand is, when marijuana survives in the wild, its only in the most favourable conditions and its at a very low success rate per seed. Each seeded female can produce hundreds if not thousands of seeds, and in the wild only one out of every few thousand will survive to become a plant next season.

You won't be planting thousands of seeds, you'll only have a few. So your grow conditions need to be a fair bit better then what is randomly found in nature because you need a really high success rate.

for the best chance at success you need a free draining soil mix with a PH of around 6.5 - 7. You'll need to water them every 2nd day or set up an automated watering system.

If going from seed approximately half will be females and half males. Its the females that produce the bud kill off the males as soon as they are identified as they are no good for smoke they will just wreack your female buds by pollinating them.

mj stands out even from a distance so its likely that anyone in the area will spot your crop unless its well hidden.

keep the grow area clean and don't leave rubbish & shit lying around.

other than that you just need to do a lot of reading to educate yourself on outdoor growing

google marijuana seed companies there are many that ship to the US I'm sure. but before you go spending money on seeds maybe you should have a practice run with the seeds you got.

good luck

what you gotta understand is, when marijuana survives in the wild, its only in the most favourable conditions and its at a very low success rate per seed. Each seeded female can produce hundreds if not thousands of seeds, and in the wild only one out of every few thousand will survive to become a plant next season.

I would be interested in your source of information or experiance in wildly grown weed?? :peace:

I grew outsdoors for years and often left a few plants to go to seed.

If i missed any or felt like leaving them they would grow any seed that hit the ground. I would come back sometime and there would be loads of seedlings around the area.

It is after all a weed. :xcited:

Your more likely to need better soil etc so that the plants Yeild a reasonable amount and dont just get all stretchy and hemp like.

for the best chance at success you need a free draining soil mix with a PH of around 6.5 - 7. You'll need to water them every 2nd day or set up an automated watering system.

hmm althought what your saying is correct to a point, I would be very careful. If the soil contains anything that holds water. Every second day may be too much.

It depends on where you live and what the soil and enviorment is like around the plants.

What the point of the statement was is that Cannabis needs a dry/wet cycle and if you have it too wet all the time it can cause the roots and stem to rot on you. THen the plants are dead.

on the other hand if you let the soil dry out too much it will damage the roots and these will star to to rot and can spread to the living plant.

mj stands out even from a distance so its likely that anyone in the area will spot your crop unless its well hidden.

keep the grow area clean and don't leave rubbish & shit lying around.

Yes, it does that for sure. Its a lot lighter coloured and is well recognised. the rubbish laying around is what gets most people in the shit.

*More Posts edited out*

Pipeman you have been back less than a week and already the abys has had more posts added than it has in the last two months , I have warned you many times before that if you can't help but fight then you can't come here and I will delte your account perminently if you keep pushing my buttons

Spook you should also try and avoid an agressive aproch to what you say , if you belive somone is wrong thats all good man , and we want to hear your input from experiance aswell , but taking a more agressive aproch when it comes to you and pipeman never works out and the posts normally get removed all together

Please chill the fuck out both of you , this is the last time I will ask nicely