Pyschoactive Cacti

Wow thanks for the replies so far everyone :xcited:

Okay well I will definately be trying the method Hanky suggested then which is blending, then boiling for 4 hours slowly adding water then straining and boiling abit more.

The cactus has been here since we moved here and that was 10 years ago. I only found out it was pyschoactive when I made my first post about it on here (a month maybe).

I am going to take a few branches off an extremely well established plant I know of (I have noticed it flower before, beautiful flowers).

Did you grow the cacti yourself? How long did it take?

From a cutting most members of the Trichocereus family average on about a foot a year with roughly a 4 month dormant period in winter ( grown in normal conditions ) , however I have seen this go as high at 30 inches in a year in an indoor envorinment however I have also noticed that with the super fast vertical growth comes slower horrizontal growth ,

This I'm sure could be fixed with some good side lighting , however it's something people should be aware of

Pups and grafted plants ofcourse grow ALLOT faster , and seedlings ofcourse are much slower growers in their first two years however for a normal cutting on it's own roots the above is the average :xcited:

wow, a ten year grow, you'd want to hope it's an awesome experience!

If you where to grow your own , you would be lookign at about a years growth per person who wanted to consume ( assuming that your cactus has a reasnable diameter ) , with pups and grafts though it is MUCH faster as mentioned

I have seen 4 month old loph grafts larger than 10 year old lophs , and to build up the content to what it shoudl be after grafting you simply let the cactus live on it's own roots for 6 months to a year

It's 100% legal here in Australia, as well as almost the rest of the world to possess and grow San Pedro.

The illegal part is the psychoactive extract of the plant which is called Mescaline.

Kind of like being allowed to have alcohol in public, but it's illegal to drink it, quite strange really.

You can purchase it as Trichocereus pachanoi from most nursuries or just take a cutting from someones garden. They are very common and more often than not, there will be someone in your area with one.

Hope that helped

Thought I'd flog a dead horse, but mention something useful: its not how LONG you stew the brew, its HOW MANY times you stew it: simmer, strain, repeat.

See Nan's Syrup Tek for full details. Without mucking around with nasty chems and doing technical extractions & washes, nan's tek is by far the best and simplest. From there you just adjust it to your needs.

if you can bring your self to it just peel and eat, no need to boil or any thing, just eat, if you cant bring your self to it (which depending on the cacti it can be quite difficult) boiling is a good option, you will end up with a cup of horrible tasting slime but it is a hell of a lot easier to stomach than the whole cacti is most of the time. but i guess my point is that perperation is simple, actually eating and stomaching the stuff is the hard bit.