Pyschoactive Cacti

Hello everyone

I have a San pedro cacti and have cut an 8" length of it and stuck it in my freezer until further preparation.

Anyone on here experimented with pyschoactive cacti before, mainly san pedro?

What methods of preparation did you use?

How much did you use and was it fresh or dry?

What effects did you encounter?

I have heard freezing it then putting it through a fruit juicer (the electric type, not dodgy orange juicer ones) then drinking the juice works well?

I have already looked at Erowid.com and there are about 4 different ways on there to prepare it then I find another site which says all those ways dont work and take away potency and to juice the cactus but I dont know what to do

SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND STORIES HERE PLEASE!

Well I had my first cactus experience last night.

I cut up about 8 inches of san pedro cactus from my front yard into small peices and put it in a juicer.

I added abit of water to help it juice down better otherwise it just frothed up.

I then squeezed an un-ripe orange into a SS saucepan, added the cactus juice from the juicer and then slowly brought to the boil over about 15 minutes.

I then poured two half glasse of juice (this is all that was left) and topped the rest up with cold water. A friend and I then had one glass of it each.

After about 20 minutes I started to feel more relaxed and this continued for around an hour all together but I still didnt get any proper effects after an hour so I sat down and had a chop of my finest greenery :whistle:

I don't really think I prepared it right, or I might not have prepared enough of it, I dont know. But I most certainly want to try it again.

After smoking the cones my eyes were redder than ever btw, maybe it adds to the high?

Eight inches of pedro is nowhere near enough try 18 inches or more next time.

You need to boil that stuff for atleast four hours (just keep adding water as it boils off) After this time filter off the solids by pouring it thru some cloth.

Then boil down the liquid to a managable quantity, let it cool and drink it.

It is the best thing ever isnt it.

Bit hard to drink i have drank it about 6 times now i love it next time i make it i will boil it and let it evaporate down to powder put into gel caps would be easier.

And the best method for tea is using a pressure cooker and straining and boiling and straining.

hanky's is 100% right if your consuming it using his method and you should have definalty had near twice what you did

if it's a full a/b extraction the boiling process can be done in 20 -40 mins IF the water is acidic enough but with the matierial amount your talking that is not even worth a consideration

if you want a good step through of a full a/b look for nans , we are not able to discuss extraction methods here though this forum is assist in cultivation and for general queries how this post has gone so far is absolutly fine :peace