What is and isn't hydro?

When the WA laws were passed this came up in passing - they said that hydroponics had its ordinary meaning. There was talk about this being a soil-less medium, but I think an automated watering system would push you over the line. I interpreted this to mean that indoors under lighting in soil was fine, and I think you could fight this.

But please, if anyone wants to test this in court PLEASE don't be silly and set a bad precedent here. Grow in soil and water by hand, then try to convince a judge that what you're doing is not hydroponics by any stretch of the imagination, and that in fact by growing indoors you are severely limiting the growth potential of the plant as you have limited its light wavelength and intensity, limited its root zone, made the plant entirely dependent on you for water instead of enjoying nature which is an order of magnitude better than a light and pots could ever be.

Also, by growing them indoors you're keeping them out of the hands of children and rippers.

Finally, I would question the line of reasoning behind any kind of medium/method distinction. Where are the studies showing any difference in potency, yield, or harm between organic and hydro? What about huge outdoors trees, those are ok as they're not hydro? (They'd get you for intent to sell/supply from the sheer quantity, but hydro hysteria is the point).

as is my understanding....

Hydro ponics, is growing plants in a soilless medium using nutient solutions.

Bioponics, is growing plants in dirt using nutient solutions( more involved)

Organics, growing plants using an organic soil and organic nutients..

with or without lights....auto feeding or hand feeding..it makes no difference.

how ever It scares me to think Niall is right, an auto feeding program might just put you in for for hydroponics...which is not the meaning of hydroponic.

how ever I beleive the PIGS reckon that anything growing underlights indoors with an automatic feeding program...is considered hydroponics..

as for the quality of hydroponics..if done properly could almost unboubtedly be stronger than outdoor grown pot....but my mate grows some killer shit outdoors... so the potency thing is debatable.... i think the potency is most definately in the strain and more importantly with in the grower....

the most potent strain can be fucked up by an inexperienced grower..... or any grower for that matter..one little mistake can fuck it all up.....

Edited by SukonmiSkunk

Off course its in the strain , maybe under the most optimal conditions youll get a plant that oozes more resin , but no way ive had stinkers grown outdoors and i gota say 90% of the time youll get stoned longer from good outdoor than hydro , so where does that leave us ? We all know that this 15 times or wat eva stronger that the governemnts going on about is crap , we don t have to convince our selves of that and we can argue yeh my mate had some hydro blah blah , but its all in the genetics and all these strains grow just as potent outdoors as they do indoors and if not slightly better either way . Even when ive had neglected plants that ive just let go to the point of dyeing cause there to small and i couldnt give a fuck theyll still end up being sticky shit , but thatd be genetics . The facts are where being shafted , we know its all bullshit, but theres government as always with its fingers in our pie saying now what are ya goin to do about it ?