What is and isn't hydro?

In light of possible new laws regarding hydro grown weed, i've been wondering what is and isn't hydro.

If someone was using Coco and hand watering with hydro nutes with no aparent hydro system ie: res tanks, pumps and pipes etc. Would that be hydro in the eyes of the law?

After all the plants are in what looks to be soil.

Coco maybe a safer option for our NSW members before too long.

Good post, I've been wondering myself where the line is drawn on this topic.

Last night i was talking with my partner and she was going on about my 'hydro' setup. Its pretty much the same as you described Hanky. Really only some pots with perlite in them being hand watered with hydro nutes. No pumps or anything.

To me this isnt 'hydro' at all. But I know a few people who would say that it was, and that anything grown under a light indoors is 'hydro' lol

I think you will find that South Australia's laws are the better laws to look at for the definition

From memory it is something like , Hydroponics is any form of unified, or automated growing system or system under artificial lighting , wether it be soil , coco , clay balls ect doesn't matter if thet are being grown in an automated or uniformed way I belive they can call it hydroponics

even though it most certainly isn't those little arguments are unliekly to help us

Can setup a real-nice DWC/reticulation setup outdoors for 2 plants and only get a fine lol

In South Australia they stipulate outdoors in soil, no augmented artificial lighting either, so make sure your outside spotlights are facing the other way :;):

I really thing the only aswer is to get as many magistrates and judges as we can stoned lol a sympathethic judge is a good judge.

Get some bumper stickers made up

"Support your local stoner - smoke out a judge" lol