Students must sing anthem

My son does the Friday assembly/sing the Anthem thing and he hates it, i think most kids do, I remeber I did and boy will he be pissed if it becomes a daily affair.

I had the "God save the Queen" one when I was in Primary school, can't remember when they changed it though, fuck that makes me feel old :D. I remember the principle holding a special assembly where he threw the strap in the bin and we all had to sing the Anthem.

I'm gonna get some major flamage for this :D but I LOVE the American Anthem, dam catchy tune that one B)

I'm gonna get some major flamage for this :D but I LOVE the American Anthem, dam catchy tune that one  :D

Yeah, I have to say that the American national anthem catches my attention as well whenever I hear it played and I also like "Hail to the cheif", thats the one they play when the President makes an entrance.

You never know, the way things are going, the kiddies at school might have to start learning the words B)

Yeah, I have to say that the American national anthem catches my attention as well whenever I hear it played

I think that is because the US anthem tells a story of victory and battle, and triumph, the best ours gets, is we find out we are young, got some good dirt and some nice views :B):

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I don't know why? I can't really explain it, but I get goose bumbs when I hear this verse sung with any sort of passion? And no I am not American :D

::D: flame away ::D:

I have to say i like the Australian National Anthem, i think it's quite stirring. It means something to me and i think it's a great representation of us, if we all stood when we heard it and sang it with pride and conviction the yanks would have nothing on us.

Take a good look at the lyrics and see what i mean.

I will always sing the origonal wording that i learned when i was a kid, even thought three verses have been removed from the version i learned i won't change the words because some pollie decided the two verses we had left were not quite right.