I am considering starting a couple of plants in my girlfriends house. In the shed to be precise. My girlfriend owns the house however we both will be living there. the shed will be my domain to which i hold the only key and i will be paying her rent.

She is currently studying to be a high school teacher and hence will be employed by the state.

Q- if we gut busted, can i claim full responsibility and can she stick to "i know nothing"

will this ride? or are they going to do the owner of the property despite a signed confession from me. There would be money to get a solicitor to defend her if necessary.

as i am sure you are aware, with a drug record, her carrer would be blown down the gurgler quick smart.

any ideas or first hand experience?

ta muchly

the sasquatch

Yeah i know, by definition lawyers are dodgy, but its better to find out the likely interpratation of the law by someone who practices it

....not those free ones you ring up, they are usually just outta uni or worse, still doing uni smart lawyers dont give free phone advice

"you wanna pay peanuts you'll get monkeys", is something to keep in mind when seeking legal advice

:smoke

my advice is to have a maximum of 4 plants growing, that include cuttings, mothers any plants you have in vege or flowering :thumbdown while thats a bit of a dismal amount, it'll keep you under the commercial limit and if the police do come a knocking, you can claim it was all personal and they would have a hard time proving otherwise :thumbsup also, if you make a really stealthy setup, its a great way for the mrs to deny knowledge :detective2:

I am considering starting a couple of plants in my girlfriends house. In the shed to be precise. My girlfriend owns the house however we both will be living there. the shed will be my domain to which i hold the only key and i will be paying her rent.

She is currently studying to be a high school teacher and hence will be employed by the state.

Q- if we gut busted, can i claim full responsibility and can she stick to "i know nothing"

will this ride? or are they going to do the owner of the property despite a signed confession from me. There would be money to get a solicitor to defend her if necessary.

as i am sure you are aware, with a drug record, her carrer would be blown down the gurgler quick smart.

any ideas or first hand experience?

ta muchly

the sasquatch

hi sasquatch.

in reply to ur question, most likely the police will charge the both of you with the same crime, or they would charge you as being the offender and your girlfriend as being an accessory to the charge (ie conspiracy to knowingly produce a prohibited substance)

You'll definately want to check with a lawyer. I don't believe lawyers are dodgy at all. They *do* charge a reasonable amount, but I believe that its a justifiable amount. Your best bet is to find a lawyer who charges as per the schedule of the justice association of your state. State laws vary a lot, and in some cases the police have to charge the both of you, even tho they might believe you to be solely responsible. However from prior experience, I would assume that they would use the locked shed, the powerbill, smell, shared cash flow between the two of you, and other factors to charge the both of you. They would rather over-charge than under-charge, since a lot of charges get thrown out, or discounted for a myriad of reasons.

Bear in mind that a conviction, and sometimes even a simple charge, is enough to hinder or destroy your girlfriends career. Any jobs which require trusts, background checks, or other sobriety obligation can and will be affected by legal problems according to drug offences.

If you are adamant about doing this, then get a dog. Keep the shed locked. Get a carbonfilter and make damn sure it makes no noise and there is no light leakage. Make sure the electricity is in your name. Make sure that you and your girlfriend have separate finances. Do no grow more than the minimum plants. Do not keep more than 1kilo of weed on your property. Steath as pointed out, is the key. Keep your growing to the absolute minimum. ALWAYS plan for the day when you get busted. It might not happen, but if it does, BE PREPARED. Know what is going to happen. Perhaps even keep a portion of money aside in trust at your lawyer incase you ever get caught. $2000 should cover it nicely. Ensure that you do not have scales, baggies, phone/financial records pertaining to dealing. That'll get u in major shit.

Regarding lawyers; A lawyers obligation is to their client, not the state. A lawyer is immune from prosection for being complicit, as there is a priveliged client/lawyer relationship, unless the lawyer gets subpoenad which just doesnt happen for cannabis offences...if you see a lawyer, they will tell you the law as it stands and how it works, however they most likely wont tell you how to exploit loopholes. It depends on the views of the lawyer in question. I myself am not a lawyer, but in my dealings with them, they are an indispensable tool for anyone who grows.

-D