Started seeds vs clones

I was thinking about the costs of clones, and the price of seeds.. I will be moving out of where I am soon, but I can germinate and grow seeds ~2weeks old where I am..But I can only afford 2-4 clones. I have some Blue Widow bx1 blueberry seeds here too. So my two options at the moment are:

1. Grow out my 10 pack of Blue Widow bx seeds, they will get total of 44 days or so veg from seed. Get 4 clones (C4xBubbleberry).. which will see 30 days veg. And flower 4-8 or so plants under one 600w HPS. (Dunno even if seeds are viable, they have been stored for nearly a year)

Cost for genetics - $120

2. Buy and grow out 2x packets of Nirvana strains, one packet of Blue Widow bx.. hope for 10+ keepers at least, and pack the clones in there under a scrog. I can grow them all 14 days from seed where I am, then transport them to my new place and grow them for another 30 days under a 600w light. It seems alot though, 20-30 plants growing for 44 days then determining sex. But the yield in the end will probably be alot more than just getting 4 clones. Also, I get to pick better strains which are more suitable for yield.

Cost for genetics - $50

Taking into consideration I have no bud stocked up, and this first grow Im aiming 100% at yield..

Also, what would be the best Nirvana strains for yield? Im thinking B52, NLxBB, Shiva Skunk, California Orange... (Probably B52 and Cali-o for variety.) Next grow I will be able to have saved some money and purchse decent genetics, but until then. :shy:

Taking into consideration I have no bud stocked up, and this first grow Im aiming 100% at yield..

Next grow I will be able to have saved some money and purchse decent genetics, but until then. :D

think you answered your own question there :D i would go for the seeds, hope for some good mother plants, clone the shit out of them, order the other strains in cutting form and have a hell of a second grow :shy:

i would go for the seeds, hope for some good mother plants, clone the shit out of them, order the other strains in cutting form and have a hell of a second grow

Im confused.. and, the more money I save the quicker I can get into accommodation. Ive put it down to $1100 so far. $600 to get me into a $100 per week flat, and $500 for all the things I need to start a grow taking into consideration I have alot of the stuff already. If I start with all seeds, I might even be able to go 3 weeks vegging them where I am.. not too sure. Also, they will be half the price of 4 clones, and ill have 30 seeds of yielder strains. Im strongly leaning towards the seeds right now, even though its more plants and more work. My next grow wont be planned money-wise, Ill have ample money then... just want to get started asap now. I cant really stay with my parents anymore, so Im looking to move out in 3-4 weeks tops. Also, next grow ill have vegged plants.. I have nearly avenue covered with my planning. Just working out the fine details now.

Im confused.. and, the more money I save the quicker I can get into accommodation.

what i meant was spend the $50 on seeds, grow the plants out, take cuttings from your best females and keep one cutting per strain as a mother....since your next crop wont be restricted by money, i would spend money on buying some strains in cutting form to add variety to your grow room + nirvana is known for selling cheap and nasty genetics and most growers are lucky to get a decent mother if all 10 seeds are planted :thumbdown

another thing, 3 weeks vege for seedlings will more than likely give you a pretty dismal yield as that is about the equivilent of a week worth of vege for a cuttings, basically you'll get really small plants that dont yield much :thumbdown if time and yield are of your main concern, then imo you'd be much better in buying the cuttings now and investing in genetics for your next crop :shy: