best root conditioner and system steriliser?

what do u guys reckon is the best product to run in your system to deter / prevent pathogens (fungus, root rot, pythium, fusarium, scarid fly etc) as well as ensure a healthy root environment (i.e. nice white roots).

rockwool environment

im currently using microbial - but its expensive! the plants have pythium and scarid fly and i am seeing improvement in top growth and new white roots.

would i be better off switchin to oxyplus or hydroshield (which contains colodial silver), or to pythoff?

post-6583-1135127644_thumb.jpg post-6583-1135127540_thumb.jpg

The earth is inhabited by thousands of different varieties of the TRICHODERMA mould. TRICHODERMA harzianum (Tri002/3) is the only variety that has a scientifically-proven stimulating and resistance-increasing effect on the root environment and the chitinase production of the plant resulting in a better root development, more root hairs and increased excretion of enzymes and hormones. As a result the plant gains more vitality and develops much better.

TRI 002: These granules have a positive effect on the production and the growth of the plant because they colonise the mould around the root system. They must be mixed with soil and provide for a strong and balanced growth of the mould. As a result of this, the development of other negative moulds and micro-organisms is greatly reduced.

Visible results of this product are the increased vitality of the plant and that the roots are more developed. TRI 003 is a pure, water-soluble powder that facilitates the growth in young plants as well as in its cuttings and its roots. It suppresses micro-organisms and therefore has a positive effect on the balance between soil organisms. TRICHODERMA can be used with all growing systems.

The world's purest, most powerful organic "stress reliever" that stimulates extremely fast root development, prevents and protects against moulds such as Pythium, Fusarium, Mildew and Botrytis while increasing the plants natural immune system.

Rhizotonic contains a carefully integrated and balanced formulation of the finest Norwegian seaweed extracts and biogrowth stimulants based on leading Dutch plant research. In conjunction with this, Rhizotonic also contains oligosaccharide chemistry, a high quality saccharine that is a powerful prebiotic. Did you know that your favourite plant can be easily stressed due to transplanting, over and under watering, root disease, moulds, root burn, over-fertilising, root pruning and re-potting? Stressed plants suffer root death, which results in slow growth, damaged flowers, reduced yields and reductions in bud size and development. Rhizotonic with its advanced oligosaccharide chemistry and biogrowth stimulants will produce explosive new root growth immediately (within several hours in some cases!) saving you several weeks of valuable time in the process. The faster new roots are growing, the quicker the increase in plant vigour and future yields.

For Hydro or other "Inert" medias (coco etc), you can use Oxy-Plus and DM Guardian, both good products that work quite well (in my experience). I have also been told good things about pythoff.

For Organics, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, Trichoderma, as F420 stated, Organics in Hydro is possible but can have unexpected side-affects (as seen above).

Hey Guys,

I recken in hydro you can either go for a biological system or a sterile system. After much testing Jack thinks biological sytems produce bigger and stronger yeilds.

Sterile additivies include, microbial, oxyplus, DM Zone, Pythoff etc.

Biologicial additivies that Jack uses include AN Tarantula/Pirahana, Canna Rizotonic, Canna ZYM, Nitro Zyme, Superthrive, Humic Acids (floralicious by GH), Fulvic Acids (Diamond Nector by GH).

I think ovr the next 12 months in Australia there will be a big push of total organic feed charts going into Ozzie markets from the big boys. ie Canna, General hydro, Advanced Nutrients.

Allso I have found that by keeping your nutrient temp at 21 degress (never go over) you will have very clean white roots - its only over this temp that alot of bad fungas/bacteria effect the root system causing root rot.

Peace

Jack

Guest SOMEONE
liberal and regular doses of h2o2 have fixed all my problems - 3% stuff .. cheap from chemist

:xcited:

cool mm,

have a dose of root rot at presentand was wondering what is the ideal dose to try and get on top of problem???

take care

the most economical is oxyplus. its 50%. recommended dose it 2ml per litre. daily dosing is preferred as it has a very short lifespan. i have added up to 4ml per litre every 2 days no problem. but i dont think u need to add more than 2ml - plus if u overdo it apparently it can strip your roots. although i havent seen any symptoms.

the 3% stuff is not cost effective.