Water Curing

i personally havent done water curing but thats probably only because my buds dont last long enough :peace:

in any case, if you dry your buds over say a period of a week, you get a much better taste and potency does seem to increase as well... with a 2 week drying, the cure is better and so is the taste and aromas :thumbsup

basically what im trying to say is if you dry your harvest decently there isnt a whole big need to cure the crop...depending on how much you smoke, i'd just keep an ounce out for smoking and put the rest in air tight containers and when you run outter smoko, just open up a jar at a time and the cure will continue up untill the time you decide to smoke them lovely buds :(

wait i just relised i have water cured before ;) i accidently dropped a small bud (like a 10 cent coin size) in a cup of water and didnt notice untill the next morning when i went to clean up my mess in the garage....i scooped the bud out, placed it on a plate which was on top of a pot of boiling water and once it was ready i smoked it....dunno how to put it as it was years ago but i remember gagging like crazy and deciding to roll a joint as bongs were grot, joint wasnt much better :thumbdown

we need someone with more buds than brains to do a complete curing topic covering the majority of curing methods, i reckon that would be the shit and a valuable resource ;)

First you complain about off topic posts with an off topic post, then you repost more off topic posts which is what you were complaining about. :whistling

Is your real agenda to keep this thread on topic or to pick a fight with me? Because if its the former you're not doing a very good job. And you've failed in the latter as well. :peace:

:peace: didnt mean to starta debate :( but thanks guys for the opinions and info -

I think WDC is right, someone with lotsa buds and balls needs to do a post of an experiment with this - personally I'm torn between not wanting to fuck my lungs and enjoying the flavour ... less bud matter with samer THC content should be good, but if the flavours gone .. it will be a one time experiment for me -

and Animal's probably right also, if you wanna minimize the matter you smoke while keeping the THC content high, then hash would be the go .... I've only tried making hash once, with leaf and from what I've read I didn't really do it 100% right ..

I managed to collect quite a bit of what I assume was tricrome? sludge in a coffe strainer, I massaged it for at least an hour and personally I found there was hardly any flavour left in it .. , maybe coz I did it wrong but I suspect that the hash bag making process strips the flavour as well .... hmmm - anyone got any comments on this - dont know if it needs another post, diff subject?

I'm interested tho' coz all the hash I've ever smoked has been characterized by an exotic, narcoticy, complex beautiful flavour, both to the taste buds and the nose ... so I wonder if there's not better ways of making hash .... that keeps its flavour

I think WDC is right, someone with lotsa buds and balls needs to do a post of an experiment with this - personally I'm torn between not wanting to fuck my lungs and enjoying the flavour ... less bud matter with samer THC content should be good,  but if the flavours gone .. it will be a one time experiment for me -

I've done it, as I said in my first post before the point at hand was hijacked...

Water Curing and Dry Curing have very little impact on potency, I can't tell the difference between the 2 (have water cured twice, slow-cured twice, same strains).

The biggest difference between Water and Dry curing is in the flavour and aroma and "cleanliness" of the smoke - water curing gives you smoke that is still smoke, but with very little flavour, and the smoke doesn't "scratch" like some dry-cured buds do.

As I said, I prefer slow dry curing for the majority of my crop, however there ARE times when I would prefer to water-cure.

Isn't that what Mushaman asked people to tell him in the first place?!?! Why are we still talking here?!?! :peace:

Heya ELkel

thanks mate .. that answers it for me - like I've already said, smoking is mainly about the pleasure of the exotic aromas ... take that away and I woldn't enjoy smoking ... I'd start cooking it or something. Sorry I missed your answer earlier in the post :peace: I got sidetracked a bit - I'm gonna post a question about the flavour factor, see what the others think :thumbsup

Some of the sweeter strains can give hash a nice flavour but mostly I find its harsh and not that pleasant to smoke except for the fact it will knock you on your arse. In a vapouriser its a lot more palatable. Overall I enjoy smoking nice buds more, but you gotta do something with your trim.

Invest in a set of bubblebags mate I doubt you will regret it.

Some of the sweeter strains can give hash a nice flavour but mostly I find its harsh and not that pleasant to smoke except for the fact it will knock you on your arse.  In a vapouriser its a lot more palatable.  Overall I enjoy smoking nice buds more, but you gotta do something with your trim.

Invest in a set of bubblebags mate I doubt you will regret it.

Yeh, me too - the more exotic and narcoticy, the better - such a shame that the hash that was around up till the late 80's, early 90's has dissapeare from my world - I think they still get some variety in EU, but mainly the black types I think ... be nice to see some Morrocan or Turkish or Lebanese circulating again in Oz :peace: