Water Curing

Let me just justify everyone here,

• Ending up with grey buds is possible and likely not to be mold. I have seen versions of the water cure done with warm and boiling water, this would remove a lot of chlorophyll from buds and they could lose their greenness too.

• It cannot improve THC quality/quantity. It perhaps can increase the THC/Budweight ration as it removes alot of plant matter/chlorophyll/things which give bud flavour. But this is irrevelant, if you want to increase THC/Budweight ratio, just make hash with ice water!

I've water cured before and personally don't like it. You want better ratio get hash or a vape (100/100). Don't sacrifice smell/flavour and quality (IMHO) for a few weeks of waiting.

Good things come to those who wait.

Heya INfinitee

I gotta go with the option that gives me the best smoking flavour and bud aroma - I liked the fact that it leaches the chloro n crap out, but at the price of the taste/aroma/flavour.... almost wouldnt be worth smoking it. No doubt I'll risk some of the crop as a test this time :peace:

The post I was reading was interesting because the water cure gives you virtually odour free curing .... could be an advantage to quite a few fellow growers? Then I got to dreamin about harvesting my own crop (touches wood) and wondered how everyone else does it :(

Increases THC to budweight ration by 30%?  Mate can you tell me where you read this information.  I want all the info before I tell you why its complete rubbish.

Eikel I'm sure white cluster knows how to identify mould  :(

Hiya Animal ... as always lurv your directness :;): I was reading a post at overgrow - then I noticed a link at the bottom of that one and followed and read .. I think what it said was that becoz you lose bud weight/volume, the proportionate THC level to bud weight went up by 30 0r 35% ... coz the THC isn't soluble in water while lots of other content is .. regretably also the things that make bud taste and smell good (cant remember the right term) get flushed out coz they are water soluble ... which makes it interesting but a non event for me ... I smoke for the flavour 1st ...then smoke some more if I didnt get where I wanted to be .... looking forward to being the master of my own smoking destiny tho ;)

found that link you asked for :peace:

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=555115

Don't be afraid of the water cure...

Edited by Mushaman

Let me just justify everyone here,

• It cannot improve THC quality/quantity. It perhaps can increase the THC/Budweight ration as it removes alot of plant matter/chlorophyll/things which give bud flavour. But this is irrevelant, if you want to increase THC/Budweight ratio, just make hash with ice water!

I've water cured before and personally don't like it. You want better ratio get hash or a vape (100/100). Don't sacrifice smell/flavour and quality (IMHO) for a few weeks of waitiing

This process may not improve the THC quality/quantity BUT it will most surely preserve the available thc and prevent it from degredation which happens with slow air drying.

Which i consider extremley relevant!

Personally i do not give a shit about losing smell/flavour or i would be smoking Cuban Cigars, my main aim is to get high as a kite without my lungs imploding!

So i will sacrifice smell/flavour!

Just different strokes for different folks i guess :peace:

This process may not improve the THC quality/quantity BUT it will most surely preserve the available thc and prevent it from degredation which happens with slow air drying.

Which i consider extremley relevant!

Personally i do not give a shit about losing smell/flavour or i would be smoking Cuban Cigars, my main aim is to get high as a kite without my lungs imploding!

So i will sacrifice smell/flavour!

Just different strokes for different folks i guess  :peace:

Hey Fraz ... mix the two I reckon ... clean pure water cured + regular air cured mixed in the same (spliff 4 me) .... I have had bud in the past that was tasteless and I remember feeling ...hmm, not so happy with my buying decision ... I just love the flavour as I smoke .. so you're right, different strokes for diff folks :thumbsup

I started reading the post coz the curing was odourless .. caught my eye .. then I found it was a quick way to cure .. then I found out ya lost the flava ... :thumbdown but I still reckon I gotta try it with a small amount and check it out - I read someone elses post that said he only soaked for 2-3 days and that the flavour remained very very good ... gotta try that too :reallyexcited:

::(:

Edited by Mushaman

My opinion is if you want a product with increased potency and less plant matter you may as well be making hash. The reason I enjoy bud over hash is for the flavour so I wouldn't waste my time with a method that reportedly drains the flavour out of the buds. And if soaking your buds in water makes them taste better then you must be growing some pretty leafy buds.

If I did try this I would keep the water and pour it through a set of hash bags. It would be interesting to see if you collected much resin out of it.

Just thought I would remind people of the original point of the post!

I'm wondering if anyone has used this method and if so, can you comment on the loss of flavour which can result ?

I don't think Mushaman needs to be told to grow better strains, or make hash, just an answer to his first question, has anyone tried the method.

And we don't need to be told by you what to post.

Are threads not allowed to move into different discussions? Are you the on topic police?

Besides, has YOUR post contributed to the discussion or answered the original question? No on both counts... :peace: Almost veryone has contributed constructive content to this thread, except you, who have contributed a complaint.