Vapir One (v2.0) review :)

Further to the report, I found that the effects seemed to last longer, normally if I have a couple of cones at around 8.30pm, I find myself having a top up at about 10.30pm, no so last night, I ended going to bed at about 11.30pm with still a bit of a buzz going on.

I tried the leftovers as well this morning, not a fully potent hit but still nice, I think I will save the remnants to use as spin for when I feel like a nice fat one.

One question for you Amnesiac, how do you know when the weed is spent? I thought maybe when you can't see the vapour anymore , but, the instructions and the cd say that you can't always taste or see the vapour? How many bags do you get out of your 0.1grams? are you using the vapir bags? sorry that's more than one question.

I just love his sound, I've never tried the trumpet, still trying to play the guitar and keyboard, not very well.

Man I put some miles on the ipod today, jumped on the motorbike and took off for uni, normally a 30min ride, it felt like about two minutes, I was so caught up in the music I didn't even realise I was on the way to uni, it was quite scary when I got there and went shit what just happened, how did I get here.

I recomend Miles Davis to anyone no matter what their taste in music..

I manage to make around 5-6 balloons worth before the subtle taste will gradually 'disappear'. As you continue to use the unit the minty flavour from the bag will also slowly go away and it's much easier later to figure out when all the vapour/flavour's gone :rolleyes:

You won't be able to always see the vapour... but you will be able to get a hint of it's taste.

A couple of quick tips I could suggest to get more milage from the unit:

1) If you can try to have as many bags in as little time as possible it will really help with the efficiency (also. not sure if holding in the hits helps or not, but I do it)

2) You can control the type of buzz you get (it slightly differs with different types of weed) but generally I've found that:

195 degrees celcius will give you a very clean 'high'

and 200 degrees celcius will give you more of a 'body buzz/high' mix

3) When filling the herb disk, fill to about half way (in my case, I fill much less) the more room in the disk will allow less resistance and help with the flow of air.

4) When you've had your fill from the bags, eject the tray out and leave the fan on high speed setting to allow it to cool down for about a minute or two (this will help maintain the heating element)

That's pretty much the interesting things I've picked up so far using it mate :) have a blast with the unit. I haven't tried re-using the spent herbs yet, so you've given me something new to think about.

Will also check out that Miles dude's music.

Cheers :thumbsup

Thanks for the info Amnesiac, I have found that I don't use as much weed, can't wait for 3 months till my grow is finished so I can see how many bags I can do without falling over (can't aford to use too much at the moment).

Reeferman, I haven't had dry mouth (I hope that's what you mean) the two times I have used the vape, whereas I did use to get it alot, but I am also conserving weed so I'm not doing as much as I use to either.

I have however found the best way to stop the munchies, I was at the supermarket the other day (first time stoned at the supermarket, wow) but anyway, I came accross some "whizz Fizz" now I haven't had whizz fizz in probably 20years, so I grabbed about 10 packets. And that night as soon as I had finished a session I scoffed down a whizz fizz, now let me tell you , it was like there was a party in my mouth and everyone was invited (sorry but I had to use that saying somewhere once), and the side effect was no munchies later, tried it again the next night same effect. Now normally I start eating about 30 mins after a session and don't stop for about hour afterwards, so this is a great food and money saver.

Oh yeah Amnesiac definately check out Miles Davis.

Whizz Fizz? :rolleyes:! I remember that stuff as a kid too, nice and tingly stuff... may have to go out and buy some soon. What about trying those magic pop rocks that snap, crackle and pop in your mouth? ahaha brings back memories.

Reeferman : There is a little bit of a cotton mouth effect but it's not comparable to the smoking cotton mouth at all. A heckuva lot less for sure :)

Hey i wouldn't like advise to eat Whizz Fizz after getting high. The actual c0ol high experience is mostly derived from Low Blood Sugar levels (or something like that). And eating sugary foods (which is when you have the munchies) is just getting yourself un-stoned.

I dunno if that made sense but yeha.

I've been using the Vapir v2.0 (the model in the review) for about 5 months now and can say there is just a bit of a learning curve, which is why I would imagine some of the less patient among us may consider this unit ineffective. It takes a bit of time to build efficiency at getting the most out of this machine, or did in my case anyway.

Temperature, for example. I originally tried setting the machine to its recommended temperature(250F). This didn't produce any real, detectable vapor. After some trial and error however, I ultimately discovered that a temperature of around 380F - 400F will produce noticeable vapor. Even though the video you get with the machine states that you don't have to see vapor in order for it to be there, I simply attained a better high when using the aforementioned temps. The downside is that at these temperatures the smoking material will be spent faster.

I also tried using the machine without the bag originally, however I feel the inflatable balloon kit that accompanies the unit is the best way to go. The vapor collects in the bag and when its full, you simply eject the disc from the machine, remove the bag and inhale the vapor. This works better for me than taking in a slow hit, all the while not knowing whether you're sucking in too fast or slow(suck in too fast and you get more air than necessary, suck in too slow and you waste vapor).

I've heard some people talk about how they turn off the temp in between hits, then power the heat back on when they're ready to take another, all the while leaving the disc in the unit. This is unnecessary, in my opinion. All you really need to do is remove the disc right before you disconnect the bag... or right after you finish sucking on the end of the tube. Turning the heat off is an extraneous step and you'll end up wasting time waiting for the unit to heat up, which really isn't that big of a deal if it's just once, but when you multiply the number of times you'd have to wait for it to heat up by the number of times you normally take a hit per session, you're really wasting a lot more time than not.

The one thing they really need to sell for this unit is a stand, although I'm sure you can also make one without too much effort. I ended up using one of my guitar stands for just that purpose.

On another note, someone asked how they can know when their smoking material is spent. I simply let the weed cool off and smell it later. If it has any pungency at all or if I can detect any odor then there's probably some life left in it, and 99% of the time I'll be able to squeeze a little life out of it if I crank the heat up.

Another thing about this unit that I took the liberty of trying to correct were the areas along the top (where the tube fits) and around the disc tray door (where you insert the disc) that tend to leak small amounts of vapor. The area around the top, I used some masking tape to cover the cracks where vapor could escape. I also fashioned a semi-thin sheet of rubber to fit over the disc tray door, which I hold in place once the disc is inserted in order to keep any escaping vapor in. Normally, if you were to put your hand in front of the disc tray door while the unit is in operation, you'd probably burn your hand pretty good from all the heat that's being forced through the cracks around the parameter of the door lining. The sheet of rubber is thick enough that it won't really melt but it's pliable enough that it seals the cracks, and since it acts as a barrier between the heat and my hand, it doesn't hurt to hold it over the door. It doesn't look very pretty, what I've done to the unit, but it's more efficient, in my opinion.

You can achieve great highs with the machine, but your mileage may vary.

Edited by ColdFrixion