Vapir One (v2.0) review :)

I had another go at the piece of plastic last night. One thing I discovered is that you have to have the fan on medium or high while toking. Havin it on low and pulling through doesn't work as you seem to just pull in fresh air through the vents and get a weak hit. The problem is in between hits or bag fills when you turn the fan back to low the thing overheats, so you gotta remember to turn the heat off as well. Then when you're ready again turn the heat on and when it gets to temp turn the fan on and toke again.

It may not sound that hard, but try getting it right when you're bent. It was pure bullshit. Me and my girl grabbed a pipe and left the rest of em to play with their toy. Amnesiac I reckon if you tried a Volcano your opinion on the Vapir would do a 180.

Mate if I had a grand laying around for a vape I'd have hooked myself up with a volcano from the get-go ;) I'm just quite poor is all :)

I usually leave the fan on either medium or high through-out using it (unless I want some body stone in my buzz I won't switch between high + low fan speed settings) too much fluctuations that way.

It is quite fiddly to get the hang of and I guess I can't compare our situations because I'm only using it for myself (where as you where using it with 2 or more people) and when I have a sesh I try to make as many bags worth of vapour in as little amount of time as I can (basically going bag after bag until the herb's spent) without having many breaths of normal air between bags (and I'll be holding in my hits) :P

The next time you use the unit, try to have 5 bags to yourself in a row. And then pass the unit on to someone else and have them do the same. I've found that this is the best way to get wrecked IMO. It also helps to have the herb disk not so fully packed so the air passes through easier.

Always have the unit on medium or high speed setting if you're using the bags. I'd recommend doing it that way, because as you say, the unit makes a weak hit if you use low fan speed setting (also takes too long to fill the bag). I actually will only ever use the low speed setting temporarily if I want the temperature to be a bit hotter (if it gets over 200 degrees you'll be making more of a body buzzin hit, if it's around 200 and under you'll get a nice and heady hit) in this way I'm able to fully control what type of buzz I want/get :)

I rekon the volcano would be better suited for people that don't wanna fiddle about at all, but I'm a fiddly person by nature so It doesn't bother me none :(

Cheers

Edit: Whoops forgot the pic :)

This is 1 week of vapir one usage (I kept all the used remnants of herb so I could track just how much I was using) to see if it was any more efficient than smoking herb.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9850/1weekofvapir6fz.jpg

(pic on the left is baggie weight without herb : on the right is baggie + herb = 0.55 gram usage in 7 days :( )

What I thought was 0.6 gram usage in 3-4 days was actually a very wrong guess after I put them on the scales today! Man this thing rocks, I used to smoke that at LEAST in 1/2 a day.

This is what I've used so far from monday to sunday! I really think this speaks volumes as far as efficiency is concerned. I use the unit on average of 2 times a day...

I also tried a bong today and I was nearly sickened by the taste difference (I don't think I'll ever smoke again if I can help it!)

Cheers :thumbsup

Edited by Amnesiac

Taste is sensational :) you can truly taste the 'body' of the herb if that makes sense.

Also, I just popped some of the 'spent' herbs into a cone and it still got me trashed :rolleyes: So that's always a bonus, that you can put it thru a pass in the vape and then put that aside for a rainy day stash (it still works decent)

I can definately vouch for the taste though it's a treat for sure. Smoking it pales in comparison (in regards to taste, vape wins hands down) another great thing is that after you've had a vaping sesh no one will be able to tell (there's no residual smell on you OR your clothes and environment)

Hope that helps ya mate lol

Cheers

Hey Amnesiac,

Do you get the next day tiredness with the vape? Some mornings after a heavy session the night before, I basically have stuff all energy and feel really heavy, now I had thought that it could be related to the smoke injestion rather than the active ingredient, so I was wondering what the next day was like with the vape compared to smoking?

Howdy dsyfer :rolleyes:

Glad you asked that question because I thought I was the only one that experiences that ultra fatigue-ish feeling after a day of smoking.

If you use the vape instead of smoking I found that it greatly reduces that lethargic feeling one will get upon waking the next day. You feel a lot more fresh.

I actually have amazingly vivid dreams now (and one's that I can remember) compared to my smoking days where I can't remember even one dream and actually don't know if I did in fact dream at all?

Those are a few bonus benefits from vaping... less toxins/smoke for your body to deal with. It's a more gentler and safer way to take in the thc (eating food with pot in it would also be another option)

Hope this helps.

I just got back from Freewheelin, I went and bought the vapir, so I guess I will have a play tonight.

The main reason being, I quit tobacco 3 months ago, which was great, I could breath better, slept better and stopped snoring. but the I took up MJ everynight, and now I'm snoring again, so it has got to be related to the smoke intake.

I'll let you know how I go.

ok tested out my vapir tonight, followed the instructions, and got pretty toasted, took a couple of minutes to come on, i was sitting there listening to Miles Davis feeling a slight buzz when i just seemed to slide on in to it. After an hour of miles I thought I would put the Goodies on, just finished watching a couple, might go and plug the vapir in.....

The high is definately semi-creeper style almost like a smooth transition between sober and giddy within a few minutes.

It's strikingly different to the smoking high wouldn't you say? I thoroughly enjoy the vapir and it's effects and I really hope it serves you as well as it has me my friend.

Happy days to all :rolleyes: