100% of all mails enter Oz are screened

Guest Urbanhog

X-rays do have mutagenic properties, which is why they like you to cover your nads when you go for an x-ray. It can make you sterile. As to whether these mutations will create polyploidy in cannabis seed.... The odds are that the mutations will not be one in which the chromosome number is doubled, or more, in fact, in 99.999999 (and on and on) % of the time, when using an amount of x-rays capable of creating any mutation, let alone a beneficial one, you will end up with a dead seed, and then in the tiny fraction of the seeds that do survive, the end amount of those in which the mutation will be beneficial to the grower is tiny. You'd need a massive, and I mean f-ing massive breeding programme to make it work. Possibly. And somehow, I don't think most of us have the resources to grow several hundred thousand seeds at a time.....

Why even bother with trying to create a polyploid cannabis strain? They don't have any potency increase over their normal sisters, and they degrade with time so the plant will revert to a diploid state, either before the end of its life or in it's offspring. Just get a good strain, taking into account what you want from the stone and your growing methods, grow some good weed! ;) Polyploidy is an urban cannabis myth, and not worth the time for the average grower. I Hope that helps White_Cluster.

As to seeds being scanned in the mail, I don't think that it's even remotely possible to x-ray or scan every piece of mail entering Australia from overseas. That would require logistics and manpower (because remember, these screens have to be manned by someone, and then they have to identify whether that particular letter is of interest, then they have to open it, check, report on the contents.....) that quite honestly, I don't think any government on the planet has to dedicate. I seem to remember that letters over 500g have to have a declaration of contents on them now, which has changed from a larger amount I think. No probs there, even the thickest letter stuffed into a standard business size envelope won't weigh 1/2 a kilo.... Let's face it, if you're sending 1/2 a kilo of seeds, then maybe you should consider another method of transport from the Post Office! :P

There is always a chance of being intercepted I suppose, and with the "War on Terror" (GRRRR.... :angry: ) there will be some extra security on inbound mail. I don't think there's much chance of having your seeds taken in the post though. Just use common sense when ordering and you should do fine.

There's my 1/4 of a cent.... (On the pension! lol!)

peace

yes i too have orderd and recieved seeds in the last 3 weeks from overseas, maybe acurrent affair was running a story to help the police and other aurthorities to make it seem they where checking every single parcel/letter/what ever it would detour alot of people for awile till they new for sure what was happening. still even if they did check every little parcel and letter and did find some sort of seeds, they would then have to germ them or grow them to check what the are, so i would be suspicios of late arriving seeds, 1-3 weeks is cool for me any longer and it would be a good idea to right return to sender on the letter and leave it on the fridge for a few days before taking it to the safe addy. :D its like a game of poker who can keep the straightest face and bluff there way to victory, maybe not maybe so, 100% are scanned/x-rayed where do acurrent affair get there info and why would they lie its obvious its no where near 100% are scanned unless the dont scan for seeds. my thoughts. :P

yeah I got an sd order a couple of days ago, when I opened it up I could smell the skunk seeds as there was a bit of skuff in the bag with em...if my human nose could smell em when I unpacked the bags then a sniffer should be able to smell it a mile away...oh well just thought I'd share that with you...

yeah I got an sd order a couple of days ago, when I opened it up I could smell the skunk seeds as there was a bit of skuff in the bag with em...if my human nose could smell em when I unpacked the bags then a sniffer should be able to smell it a mile away...oh well just thought I'd share that with you...

thats a bit fucking stupid of a seed company to send a smelly package. Which seed company was that?

yea they are not scanning all the mail,havnt had one missing pack yet.

also luke skywalker! i think you may find it's not 500g of seed you could send its 50g and under and some po workers still give ya a bit of a hard time sending envelopes OS,they wanted me to put one off those green decleration stickers on it but i didnt cause theres no need.if its under 50g (mine was about 30g) and fits throu the slot gauge it will be fine getting to its destination for all of mine have.happy herb.