100% of all mails enter Oz are screened

Guest Urbanhog

Guest Urbanhog

I was watching that current affairs crap "Today Tonight", they were reporting on the custom's new mail centre where all overseas mail enter Australia.

They reported that "100% of ALL parcels and mails entering Australia is screened by "high-tech x-rays".

Since the government made a new law that all parcels entering Australia must be screened earlier this year, they have seized more illegal products, mostly narcotics, steriods, medicial stuff like chinese herbs and animal parts, and dangerous weapons by almost tenfold.

They seize illegal automatic weapons, knives and other dangerous weapon making products almost daily.

One fellow even tried to import a live generade, that the customs had to call in the bomb squad to open the mail.

One cuetom officer opened a mail and found 100g of "Angel Dust" tablets a powerful hallucation drug imported from Europe.

Ecstacy tablets hidden in shampoo containers was very common, so the customs reported.

Guess you guys have to becareful when importing seeds from overseas. That's why we have Aussie Seedbanks here :D

Urbanhog :)

Guest Urbanhog
BULLSHIT..........I received a parcel on friday and another one coming in late jan/feb.

Yeah thats what I first thought, I thought "100%" was bit too high.

Still there's a bit of risk..... 'cos I was thinking maybe if seeds are send in small amounts, it might be bit too small to pick up in the x-ray screens?

anyway, I was just telling what I saw on telly last night.

Hope you'll have fun with your parcels... :D ::):

Cheers, Urbanhog :)

Yeah, the scanner operators only have to pay attention to colours, blue for metal, orange for plant matter (I think), etc. I think they also mentioned about it picking up vegetable seeds as well, this new method of checking overseas mail has made importing seeds high risk.

It's also best to support Australian seedbanks too.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

I agree with Tom, why take the risk when the Australian seedbanks have the same kind of quality seeds as we do?

you know what they say,...grass allways looks greener at the neighbours lawn,...but I'm convinced you find the best strains in Australia as wel as anywhere else,...after all it's just a weed. :D

.....and HOW you grow is sometimes more important than what strain you've got. ::):