What does this look like to you?

Wow I can't believe you don't fert at all during veg... I don't know if I could live with myself doing that :blink: But I am a real newbie

Anyway like i said in my other post, 3 days ago i did a big flush with ph adjusted water and just then (before I read your post unfortunately) I fed them with half strength (1.2EC), ph at 6.3-6.4. I'm gradually trying to increase the ph and keep it stable at 6.4 so hopefully its working.

I'll be going into 12/12 within a week.. i'm excited lol

Elkel when you say you only feed with week nutes, and once a week (during flower), how many non-nute waters do they get in between feeds?

Guest Eikel

Hey Instink,

PH is not something I stress overly about in my soil plants, I basically go for anything from 6.0-6.5 and forget about it. I have noticed the soil plants aren't as badly impacted by PH-levels as Hydro-based grow-methods (i.e. bubbler).

So long as your PH is between 6.0-7.0 you don't have alot to worry about. In flower you can let the ph drop a bit more, this will make less nitrogen avaialble to the plant which is good - flowering plants need less Nitrogen and more Potassium and Phosphorus. Generally with PH you can let it "swing" a bit, as the ph goes up and down different nutrients are made available in higher quantities to the plants, a good method for growing is to allow the ph to rise from your low limits to high limits before adjusting again - this way they'll get the full spectrum of elements in the nutes.

The reason for me not ferting my soil plants in veg is due to the fact the potting-mix I used (Yates "Thrive") already contained slow-release fertalizer, the plants simply had enough food from the potting-mix already for the veg stage. I could've possibly also not ferted during flower, but as a rule, the slow-release fert is higher in nitrogen content than potassium/phosphorus.

In regards to watering, my soil plants are now outdoors, generally I water them when they look like they're starting to wilt (maybe 2-3 times a week dependant on weather). I've been quite slack with their maintenance and have given them straight tap-water (ph 7.5-8.5 !!) on quite a few occasions with no ill-results, as long as you give them a water with the right ph every now and then they'll keep on going strong.

Good luck with your switch to flower, I look forward to seeing some nice bud shots in your grow-diary :thumbsup

hey bro,

i dont do much growing with soil, but it looks like a nutrient deficiency which can be caused by a number of things.

1) Check the PH of ya soil!, not just the ph of your nutes.

2) Are you over-watering it bro, do the roots look white or are they brown?

3)Do you have root rot? is there scarid fly or lack of oxygen in the soil?

In my experiance most deficiency are not the nutes your using but root rot and wrong PH, EC of 2.4 is fine.

Personally if your going to grow under lights - better off putting the dirt outside where it belongs, and use a hydroponic media.

Jack