What does this look like to you?

Hard to tell,

but a zink deficieny will lead to twisted leaf grow. The bright spots might indicate a pest. Have you checked for mites/whiteflies?

Looks like your babe is in flower, correct?

Whats you nute regime, ec, temps, medium, growstyle?

mace

Hi Mace,

Actually a couple of the plants are showing twisted leaves... not in flower they just have the white spots on them for a while now... but no sign of buds or anything, they will be put into flower in less than a week though

Its just a regular soil grow, temps 30 degrees solid all day, watering with 2.4EC nutes every 3 days. I'm pretty sure there are no bugs but I will double check. Overgrow says zinc deficiency is usually due to low ph but the water i give them is consistently 6.0ph... should I go a bit lower?

Thanks for your help, if you want to know more about my grow check out my diary...

Guest Eikel
Its just a regular soil grow, temps 30 degrees solid all day, watering with 2.4EC nutes every 3 days. I'm pretty sure there are no bugs but I will double check. Overgrow says zinc deficiency is usually due to low ph but the water i give them is consistently 6.0ph... should I go a bit lower?

Wow... Instink, 2.4EC?!

I think that's a little high for a plant in veg, my girls never got above 1.4EC until they were in flower, I'm also finding if I go above 2.0EC I get a bit of nute burn. Remember, unlike Hydro mediums, Soil can retain nutrients, so try to err on the side of caution and give lower strength rather than higher.

Your pic kind've looks like nute burn to me, but my plans display slightly different effects on the leave. I'd try dropping the nute strength, give them a good flush with water before giving them the lower-strength nutes.

i had the same sort of problem as you at first, look at how my grow turned out :thumbdown

IMO its a nutrient problem and what you should do is get lots (i mean like 10 litres plus per plant) of pH adujusted water and give them a good flushing...

when grown in soil, mj only needs small amounts of nutrients after the plant has made itself well established and once well established, the plant should only be given half strength ferts every week or 2 and plain pH adjusted water for every other watering...

also, thats just a rough guide, each individual plant has an optimal nute range for how its grown so pracctice will make perfect....

hopefully a few more people that have grown the way you are can help as im not very experienced :(

Hey guys, thanks for all the help, heres another pic,. its getting worse, on more leaves

post-5372-1113734277_thumb.jpg

From the little I've seen it's probably nute burn too, but I really wouldnt know. stonedas reckons that 2.4ec is fine for my girls but I dunno...

Anyway they were well flushed today and next feed will be much reduced nute mix... I'm still confused as to the ph I should be watering with.... their whole time I've had them its been almost exactly 6.0ph but I'm trying to raise that a bit, the flush today was at 6.1... the nute bottle says to adjust to 6.4ph so I'm working my way up to there unless anyone has any other suggestions.... thanks!

instink,

now it looks like a Mg def too me, but what do i know?

I think its better if you leave the leafes were they are when taking pitures, should provide more info for the experts here.

An EC of 2.4 will cause burns, especially in veg, but it can also cause lockout nutes.

I'm no soil man, but adjusting your pH with a lots of hydro pH down (_usually_ phosporic acid) will lead to an P overdose which is bad, even in hydro. Also, as EIkel said, chem ferts in soil will stay, you can't really flush em, cause once they are in, they become indissolvable :( not sure (since i'm not a soil man) that adjusting the pH of the water is the proper way top go in soil, i'm reading all the time that dolomite lime mixed with the soil will take care of the pH for the whole growth cycle.

what nutes are you using?

mace

Guest Eikel
From the little I've seen it's probably nute burn too, but I really wouldnt know. stonedas reckons that 2.4ec is fine for my girls but I dunno...

Far be it from me to disagree with a grower with roughly 12312412312 times my experience, but I'm still inclined to think 2.4EC is high for soil. Another thing to remember, is if your soil is "potting-mix" soil from a nursery or bunnings, alot (i.e. MOST) of them will already contain slow-release ferts.

My soil plants are only fed once weekly with nutes, and only during flower, the plant in this thread was not given anything other than ph-adjusted water until it went into flower, and I currently only give it a feed of DM Flower nutes at EC 1.6-2.0 once a week.

Remember - it's always better to underfeed than overfeed, plants are better off hungry than poisoned by toxcicity!

From the second pic it also looks like there are a few "holes" in the leaf - was that damage caused by yourself? If not, I'd be taking a look for some sort of insect that's munching on your ladies.

The other thing to mention is that you don't need to stress about every little blemish that your plant shows - when I started out I was like a new mother, constantly stressing about my "babies" health. Now, feh... I'm like "Oops, just burnt her again, ahh well, she'll get over it". I only start to worry if the plant looks like it's dying on the whole - don't stress about 2-3 leaves out of 300 :smoke

(Wow, that actually sounded like I knew something - guess I'm learning at this game :( )