PayPal rejects cannabis related products webshop!

PayPal can be useful to buyers & sellers in our arena, if you don't splash your PayPal data all over the place.

PP can be used to move small amts of dough electronically and internationally, free of tax etc., with little traceability, at least not easy traceability. If you're a savvy PP user, it has some uses- but like poor Rob found, you have to exploit it to your best advantage.

Keep one primary "verified" acct (linked to a real bank acct) and set up some throwaway 'unverified' accts to take or make pmts. You just need a few Gmail or other addies (Gmail conceals your IP). Transfer the $ from the throwaway to your main & bank the dough ASAP. Unverified PP accts have a $4200 limit, after which time you have to link them to a real bank acct. to keep moving money through them.

I absolutely feel for Rob, with the seemingly unauthorised CC debits. There's probably fine print that no one reads giving them specific permission to do so. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to set up an online hydro shop- have done some hydro gear selling more quietly, using PP for this in the past, but never posted my PP data on a website or in a forum msg advertising stuff. I also don't sell specifically cannabis related 'paraphernalia,' only growing supplies which will do lettuce, too. Makes it much harder for anti-drug zealot wowsers trawling the web to bitch about me to PP.

However, if ppl won't use PayPal out of a general distrust, I'll look into alternate means like e-gold and bopo. Any other suggestions?

i use bopo all the time, i have 2 cards, one in another name to a safe address and 1 in my name to my address. that way i am covered in all aspects. charges are low and easy to top up with anything up to $1000 dollars with out I.D. you can even sms money to other bopo customers cards too. brilliant idea this was AAA+ in my books. fuck paypal i have had nothing but troubles with them....

k, I'm still looking for something equivalent to PayPal.

bopo: You can SMS transfer funds between bopo cards, but they have to be 'linked' i.e. additional cards on a single acct. Unlinked cards can't xfer money between each other.

e-gold: Very strange concept, doesn't deal in real currency- it deals in actual gold. To get money out of e-gold, you have to go through another agency that converts gold to currency.

ideas anyone?