making a single brownie

I don't think it's a stupid question, as making a whole batch can be expensive, especially if you're just learning the fine art of cooking with pot.

I haven't ever made a batch of one, but I often make 1/4 batches to cut the cost.

Here's how it works: I take a packet mix which requires you to add butter or oil to it (if it calls for oil, you can just use melted butter) then I divide the dry mixture into 4 identical bowls and eye it up to make sure they all look like they've got 1/4 of it in there. (If the recipe calls for eggs, add them before separating the mixture then store the leftover stuff in the fridge for later use)

Next I make the amount of butter required for the 1/4 mixture into cannabutter and then make the recipe as usual.

As an example, I almost always use the betty crocker anzac biscuit mixture, which calls for 70g butter and a bit of water for the whole thing. I make up ~20g cannabutter (using about 2g ground buds) and add that to 1/4 of the dry mixture. This makes 5 biscuits which are *quite* strong, and I've only spent about $20 all up.

The only downside is the time taken to make such a small amount of butter... It's worth it though! :D

The bud I use is typically medium grade I guess... :D

I don't think it's a waste 'cos there are a lot of us who don't grow and finding trim to buy can be difficult and arguably not worth the effort. Also, though I still smoke occasionally I find it irritates my throat. Used to only ever smoke cones... guess I kinda reached my limit there.

Eating is awesome once you get a handle on it - can be full on like a psychedelic sometimes, but getting the doses right is the hardest part IMO.

The main reason we cook is to use the trimmings etc from the grows.

I personally wouldnt bother trying to cook 2gm of bud in to a cookie, thats just wasting it.

You use the trimmings like shade leaves etc that you otherwise wouldnt smoke.

Exactly, I've tried and tried, and no one around here seems to sell the leaf. So I'm gonna try some buds. About 2 grams worth you say? And for how many people would that serve do ya think? Oh, and how long do you boil such a small amount of canabutter?

2g of medium quality bud is good for about 5 doses of decent strength. I personally like to have one and then another about an hour later, but then I do like it to be really intense.

I make my baked goods this strength because friends who have a lower tolerance than myself can half a cookie now and the other half a bit later.

In relation to how long do you cook the butter, well that depends if you're gonna leave the bud in or not. I always do, so I boil it in a mixture of butter and water for about 5 mins. Throw the ground up bud in while the water and butter is still cold for best results.

Once it's boiled for a few minutes let it cool a bit, chuck in the fridge for a few hours and then lift the solidified bud-butter off the top. I like to reuse the browish water that's left behind, it seems to have trichomes that sink to the bottom, so I just chuck that sludge in the freezer for next time.

Oh yeah, if you wanna strain out the bud I reckon you'd have to cook it for a lot longer (like say 1 hr) and only simmer it. THC boils at 106C which is almost what a boiling pot of water with salt (from the butter) is gonna get to.

I agree with making small amounts of butter.

whilist personally, I have never cooked with anything less than a half oz of outdoor buds, I can still understand the need to cook small amounts as it is prob a good idea when learning the art of cooking.

Just use the same principles as you would for a big batch and just reduce it in size

happy cookin