depends what % it is.

oxyplus is 50%. strongest i know of. recommended dose is 2ml per 10lts. but you can use up to 4ml per 10lts if the need requires.

obviously if your using a different brand (eg the 3% stuff at the pharmacy) u would adjust accordingly

if 50% = 2ml / 10 lts

then 3% = @ 32ml / 10lts

HAHA Yeh i got it on my fingers from a spillage and damm does it sting

My Skin went all White and no matter how much i flushed it still stung. After a few hours the skin got more moisture in it and the whiteness went away but yeh be carefull would hate to see what it would do to other less calloused skin.

Most got hydroponic shops have Oxyplus if they dont ask them to get it in as that 3% CRAP IS LIKE BUYING BOTTLED WATER WITH A DASH OF H2O2

A mate of mine suggested to me, to aggitate oxygen into the water, rather than using an air stone. And it works great. I get equally good results as with oxyplus, yet my plants are much healthier cos i don't have to sacrifice the organic additives and good bugs. All i do, is i run a pump in the tank, with a 13ml hose coming off it. On the end of the hose, i have a step down piece, that goes from 13ml, to i think 6ml. That shoots out a sharp stream of water onto the surface of the nutes, which forces oxygen into it. Works a treat, try it.

hi bb. whats the noise factor like of the water shooting back against the surface? can u hear it through window outside the grow?

also not sure if you guys are aware but the federal government is about to BAN the sale of high dose h202 as it can be used in bomb making equipment. this would certainly be the end of oxyplus, and also the 35% variety and 16% variety used by hair salons. the hair industry is not happy!

faaaaaark so that means i can go out to the country and buy enough ammioium nitrate to blow up centre point tower no problems at all, i just gotta look like a slow country person, but i wont be able to buy any hydrogen peroxide to bleach my hair blond with. or oxyplus.

makes ya wonder where they get there info before doing stuff like this.

lso not sure if you guys are aware but the federal government is about to BAN the sale of high dose h202 as it can be used in bomb making equipment. this would certainly be the end of oxyplus, and also the 35% variety and 16% variety used by hair salons. the hair industry is not happy!

Damn. I hadn't heard that one... got any links to any info on that?

I heard recently that the Hydroponic Generations Hydrogen Peroxide is going up to 50% from what it was (35%). IF this is true then they may have to go back down again...

Oxyplus is available at most (if not all) hydroponic shops. Be careful with it.

Biobugs and other good biological additives are becoming more and more popular nowadays, but it is still possible to use the two. Just make sure you dose with oxy before using biobugs (or similar) and don't add the biobugs for at least an hour. h202 is converted in the nutrient almost immediately to oxygen and water, so you could probably add sooner, but you should wait a while. This can help if you have problems with pythium or phytopthora.... That said, most people take one or the other tack, with some having disinfected systems, (oxy, pythoff, calcium hypochlorite) and some having biologically active systems (biobugs, trichoderma, pirhana etc).

As for the airstone things, well, yeah, agitation does aerate the tank, as it's only the breaking of the surface which gets more oxygen into the water, not from the bubbles travelling through it. Having a trickle fall from the pots back to the res accomplishes a similar thing.

I prefer airpumps though, as they are a constant, steady and effective oxygenation method which doesn't require another item in the res, (well, aside from the airstone, it's not another pump or anything in there) and is pretty quiet. You can also get more O2 into solution by having a long and flatter reservoir than a short and tall one. As there is more surface area for the atmosphere to push down on the solution, thus more O2 is dissolved into it. Think of a barrel like 200L which is tall and thin. If you have it upright, you only have a small cross section which is open to the air. If you lay it on it's side though, that cross section gets a lot larger......

Still, you can't rely on it do provide enough most of the time, and there's no such thing as too much O2 in the solution, so I run an airstone with a good sized airpump all the time, as well as using a jet feeding from my horseshoe which pushes more air into the water again immediately as it's fed to the plants.

Just been reading this thread and the beneficial bacteria thread looking for a bit of inspiration. :scratchin:

Earlier this week I ran half a litre of 12% H202 in 50 ltrs nute solution to kill pythium I let get out of hand. Flushed it through the pot.

Killed the pythium. No smell of dead roots, plants did not seem to suffer from that amount.

Going to mix up a fresh batch of nutes with a high dose of H202 and soak the 45 litre pot every 2 days and let it dry out in between to try get to the end of flower.

In hind sight and through a few ill fated attempts at controlling pythium in coco with H202 I think I may try beneficial bacteria next.

Probably as Luke suggested, still use the H202 at recommended low dose to treat the water/nutrient solution an hour before adding any bugs? Does this sound realistic?

Hi all, interesting thread.

Been racking my brain over this one for the last day or so and then thought I'd jump on and see what the forum had on the subject.

I know this much:

1 - Some brands of suppliment like cannzym (I don't quite understand this because I wasn't aware that enzymes were living - I guess some are) warn against H2O2 cause of the live cultures. and other brands. Other products don't specifically warn against it (I am not aware of any that say they can be used with H202).

2 - (from yr10 science) H202 should not be confused with H20 as it is a toxin (hence the antimicrobial). It breaks down under UV light to form 02 and H20 which are obviously harmless.

I don't know about everyone else but my reservoirs are black plastic and there aint no light getting in them. This means that unless a lot of the H202 passes under the lamps for a substantial time the H202 may not actually be broken down to form the valuable O2 we want so badly. Been toyin with the idea of exposing the reservoir to light and then dosing up on the H202 (I have heard roumors that it controls/kills that green slimy crap). After seeing what the shit did to my skin and the lack of any noticeable improvement I have decided to turf the H2O2 and buy some Cannazym and a bottle of superthrive (bought em today). I have just bought a big air pump to compensate and will have little bubblers everywhere. I am not saying that you should throw away your H202 bottles as well I am just going to have a crack. lets face it MJ growers dont make for the best scientists - too many variables :toke:), I must have made 8 major changes to my regular growing methods for the next grow. Gonna be hard to make some decisive decisions either way but thats life :thumbsup:

sorry ranting.

I might look at starting one of those grow diaries, get some feedback. My results have been dissapointing so far. I think it might be the heat coz I have a pissy wardrobe. I haven't worked for over a month and I just smoked my last bud. Lucky coz my head needs clearing before I start the new job on tuesday (canberra day monday). shit ranting again. Anyways when the $$$ start coming in again I will invest in a grow tent, they look awesome.

peace

Edited by benex