Reasons cannabis is illegal

MY truth is that the U.S. NEEDS CHEAP LABOUR to compete with "cheap labour countries" for everyday products. Becouse of the (internationally) bad financial situation the U.S. are in they simply can not affort to have money "leaking" to thirth world countries so they use this scam on their citizens. Potsmokers are normal, average , not violent, and mostly healthy peace loving people, the IDEAL WORKERS, as they don't make trouble as for excample heavy robberers or so.

So what is better than arrest one every 45 seconds and I don't know the average time they have to spend(work) in jail, you can figure that out for yourself, add that to the number of arrests(700.000 annually) and multiply with the hours they have to work on a yearly basis and there you have the stats on how much the U.S. is saving on labour that otherwise is done in other countries. SIMPLE.

the facts are very nasty indeed, the U.SS is lobbying,.. and even politically blackmailing numerous countries in the world to desperately keep them at the same track becouse it would look bad if they would be the only country left with this "slave labour system" for example they have posted more then 50 DEA officers in our country to put pressure on our gouvernment to work with them becouse we would be the "drug center of Europe".

Again the official stats tell you someting else but somehow they managed to, with the motivation that it's becouse of XTC, get their influence on Dutch politix, and lobby like crazy against cannabis too, wich is totally legal here.

How many DEA officers are posted in Australia?

IT'S CAMOUFLAGED SLAVE LABOUR!! but then again, who am I, hehe :huh:

http://www.clubs.nl/ClubsData/67948/links/mrrat_norml.gif

MY truth is that the U.S. NEEDS CHEAP LABOUR to compete with "cheap labour countries" for everyday products. Becouse of the (internationally) bad financial situation the U.S. are in they simply can not affort to have money "leaking" to thirth world countries so they use this scam on their citizens. Potsmokers are normal, average , not violent, and mostly healthy peace loving people, the IDEAL WORKERS, as they don't make trouble as for excample heavy robberers or so.

So what is better than arrest one every 45 seconds and I don't know the average time they have to spend(work) in jail, you can figure that out for yourself, add that to the number of arrests(700.000 annually) and multiply with the hours they have to work on a yearly basis and there you have the stats on how much the U.S. is saving on labour that otherwise is done in other countries. SIMPLE.

I think thats drawing a long bow tboat. The cost to imprison people would far outweigh any marginal benefit from prison labour.

I think thats drawing a long bow tboat.  The cost to imprison people would far outweigh any marginal benefit from prison labour.

If that is true there wouldn't be so many PRIVATISED PRISONS IN THE U.S.

SIMPLE!

but its not so simple my little Dutchman :huh:

Private Prisons are still subsidised by the Government. For a hypothetical example on how it could work, say a correctional facility would cost the Government $10 million dollars to run every year. and say the benefit of the prison labour is $6million. No profit to be made. But as we all know, private companies can always run things cheaper than the government. So if you privatise that facility, the running costs are reduced to say $7 million under an efficient privatised organisation. The government subsidises the company to the tune of $2mil, added to the $6mil in labour benefit and you have total income of 8mil with running costs of 7mil. Cool million a year profit for the company and the government gets the same facility for 2mil per year instead of 10! No idea if the ratios are like that in reality but you get the idea.

So in short, privatisation slashes government costs because the subsidies which are a fraction of the real costs allow private companies to make a profit. However the total cost of jailing prisoners is still more than the labour benefit, so the conspiracy logic of more prisoners = more profits for the government is false. And the PROOF of this is that if Private Companies could make a profit without Government subsidies THEY WOULD. The very fact that the Government has to give subsidies for private companies to come into the system proves that its not profitable in its own right, therefore debunking the conspiracy theories.

And the PROOF of this is that if Private Companies could make a profit without Government subsidies THEY WOULD.  The very fact that the Government has to give subsidies for private companies to come into the system proves that its not profitable in its own right, therefore debunking the conspiracy theories.

well pipeman, are you aware of the number of companies that are on trial every year world wide for fraude in order to maintain or get subsidiesed? :huh:

I 've been in prison myself and have seen with my own eyes that the costs the gouvernments gives officially are for some reason "blown up" to make it look like it costs much more money than in reality.

for example, they all lie about the number of guard/prisoners, in all the official documentary the figures of how many guards per how many prisoners is blown up.say in reality they have one guard on every 40 prisoners, if you look at what they say it's one guard on 5 or 10 prisoners. that's how they fool the general public too. And know what, they do it here in Holland just as well.

Believe it or not but there's profit in 700.000 x say 30 hours a week x 52 weeks on an annual basis, with the only costs of feeding, housing and guarding.

Man I'll sign for it to get labour on those conditions, I have been running my own companies my whole life and for any bussynessman this would be paradise. But not for a state, huh? :)

well, if it were such an easy money making scheme, companies would be competing for prisons without subsidies, which they aren't. And more importantly if the government prisons were making money, why would they privatise? Governments generally only privatise public utilities when they are LOSING MONEY.

the logic just isn't there IMO.

I have to agree with pipeman, becuase as much as they might misinform the public about the true cost of running the prisons, as with everything else they lie about, it does not detract from the fact that the government can not keep building more and more for locking up potsmokers. If we follow in the footsteps of america we will see people locked up for 10+ years for growing a bit of weed.

In Australia if convicted we are still able to defend ourselves to a limited extent, but even so we have forfeiture laws in NSW that they can use to take a persons right to freedom and every asset they own.

We are only one step away from becoming Austmerica(land of dictators and draconian drug laws) while having many other of our civil rights taken with every ammendment that passes into our law.

Then some one has to reppeal this new law but they can't because it would politcally unpopular and cost them dearly. A perfect example of this is in South Australia the maximum allowable plants has gone from 10 plants down to 3 plants and now 1 plant per person.

With the propaganda machine in overdrive they convince the general public about the evils of dope, and how decriminalisation doesn't work (just like in merica mon) and reassure the sheep that they can stamp it out for good. (I don't think so!)

What next, 0 plants per property, taking peoples houses away, and building more prisons to take the influx of potheads in SA. I seriously hope not. :huh: