ard vark trimmer

Stuff like this I just consider gadgets and they are too often overpriced, I think personaly that efforts would be better placed into an ointment, lotion or oil that you coat on your fingers, or gloves the idea would be to use something thing that doesn't bind or mix with resin so that your buds could stay in primo condition whilst doing the nesecary handeling

my current grow is 3x White Rhino (stonedas ur da man :smoke )

anyways i plan to manicure my buds wearing gloves, using tweezers or something else just as effective to hold the buds and i dont intend on touching the buds at all :smoke

im hoping that manicuring this way will ensure that my resin doesnt get cut away/fall off and that it all stays on the buds....im also hoping to cure the buds in pasta sauce jars but only a few nugs per jar and be very carefull about putting them in and pulling out so i dont lose any resin that way either....

hopefully in 4 or so months i will have some of the best smoko this side of australia and will sure as hell not use a machine to manicure my crop as manicuring large buds to me is ecstasy :rolleyes:

Yeah, I usually leave a substantial part of the understem when harvesting to hold onto, and I use a pair of curved nail scissors for manicuring. The kind you get at chemists and stuff in all the girly stuff. ;) They get right into the base of the leaf petioles and you can manicure to perfection. :rolleyes:

I also dissect my buds, rarely is it that I would leave whole colas to dry, except maybe the top 30% of the main colas which are just too dense and too good looking to cut up. But yeah, I take the buds apart so that each flower cluster is separated, it takes a substantial amount of time off drying, although the effort is a lot more. I will always trim away every leaf on the outside of the buds that I can find.

The nail scissors usually end up being quite coated in resin afterwards, but this is a good thing really, as it doesn't take more than a tiny amount from each bud, and by the end you have one of the great advantages to growing your own.... Harvest hash. lol

You can smoke it straight away if you like, but I usually leave it alone for a few days after the harvest in a small ball I collect together during the manicure. ;)

I can't see much use for either of those machine manicurers except where large amounts, like pounds and pounds, were needed to be manicured quickly, but not necessarily well. Still, there are people out there who would buy them I'm sure, and it could be a useful addition to a large growroom, but not for the avg aussie home-grower.

Oh yeah, one thing you could potentially do to remove the resin from your hands without having to rub them together or such, is to have a small bowl of pure, and I mean as pure as you can possibly find it, alcohol, and then wash your hands off in that. The resin should come straight out into solution. Then it's just a matter of evaporating the alcohol and you've got hand hash. lol You'd want to be careful to use good quality alcohol though, as the residues and additives in some methos and other such products nowadays could be harmful, but I can't really see why it can't work.

Good luck with the harvest wantdachronic, I hope your plants grow big and strong, and you have many many hours of manicuring luscious buds to keep you drooling. :)