First Grow-Autos

yeah, getting the nights to warm up a bit would be great. Gonna be some wee little autos, but all a learning curve I guess

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I've grown a few of those wee little autos... tiny sticks of bud. They really do need warm conditions through the seedling stage because they don't have much of a vegetative stage to make up for a slow start. Granted, the sativa dominants do have grow a lot more than the imdica dom autos. 

I have germinated another couple of seeds and have just put them in cups with peat soaked in Rhizotonic water.

Question is, I have them in a clone box with a heat mat underneath, do I need to put water in bottom tray, or will either a ziplock bag or clone cover do the trick? Or both?

Cheersattachicon.gifIMG_2238.JPG

The medium needs to stay moist, how you do it is up to you. I usually use a propagating box for cuttings rather than seeds and have a sheet of damp felt in the bottom of the prop box to keep the humidity up. Further, I raise the box off the heat mat a little on a couple of solid foam blocks. An air space between the box and the heat mat ensures that the prop box doesn't over heat, which is a potential issue when the box is in direct contact with the heat mat. I also have a soil thermometer in the box so I can monitor the temperature.

Good luck with it all.

Howdy folks,

First time grow here. I received a couple of packs from MSNL. Didn’t get the first order as I didn’t choose stealth shipping and the seeds never showed up. My bad, I got in touch with MSNL and they re sent seeds no worries I just paid for stealth postage.

Germinated 2 x Blue Dream and 2 x White LSD. 100% results using the paper towel method. Medium is 3 parts Hortico Organic Compost, 3 parts Peat, 2 parts wet Perlite and 1 part wet Vermiculite in 15L pots.

Have them under 2 x 55w Starlite T5 lights and plan moving outside when it gets a bit warmer.

These guys are 9-10 days and they seem to be a bit on the small side. Plan on giving Canna Terra Vega and Flores for nutrient schedule. Have been spraying 24hr old room temp tap water with some rhizotonic at this stage.

Any advice from the auto experts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Happy Growing

attachicon.gifIMG_2061.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2060.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2059.JPG

They are looking good, I got the same issue with auto flowering, mine are 4.5 weeks. post-67347-159995959156_thumb.jpg

I’m on a first ever grow and I’m doing autos.

I have 3 going, one in premium no till organic soil, one in Bunnings soil and one in canna coco.

The ones in soil looked like the stunted ones above as originally overwatered and they have never recovered, the coco grow recovered after its difficult start and has taken off and is looking great. I’m definitely going to stick with coco even though you can screw up any medium I feel like with coco I have more control.

I’m on a first ever grow and I’m doing autos.

I have 3 going, one in premium no till organic soil, one in Bunnings soil and one in canna coco.

The ones in soil looked like the stunted ones above as originally overwatered and they have never recovered, the coco grow recovered after its difficult start and has taken off and is looking great. I’m definitely going to stick with coco even though you can screw up any medium I feel like with coco I have more control.

Nice Lilly,

Are you growing indoor or outdoor? I’ve popped another couple of seeds and going to do one in coco/perlite and the other in 70/30 Canna Terra pro/ coco.

Seen a few guys on here grow some lovely looking autos with the latter medium.

Peace

Sorry, Lolly

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hi shags,

The soil ones are now permanently outdoors as I’ve kind of given up on them lol. The coco grow is mostly indoors with being out when I can to save on power and give her the benefits of true sun.

Will be interesting to see how it compares between the two mediums on your next grow, it’s like doing a mini science experiment lol.

Day 28- things still moving very slowly with the autos. I may have given the Blue Dream a bit of nute burn from last feed on Saturday. 1.5ml/L of rhizotonic and terra vega. Fed them 500ml each plant. Is this too much, too little? How much do other people water and feed there autos at this stage? Feed in every water or every second water?

The seedlings are 3 days old and seen to be going okay. Wetting around the edges of cup with rhizotonic water and dipped the bottom of cup in some too. Advice on the light. Too close, too far away? 2 x 55w t5 fluros. How do I raise the humidity? Cheers

Happy Growing