Findings to be published on the 5th August, whats everyone expecting and will it change anything?

I am hopeful that these things accumulate and effect change.

I also believe that business and politics follow the money and the money legalized cannabis can generate overseas will  become too much to ignore.

I am an optimist.

Mick

• Upvote 1

Heres my wish for us home growers and rec/med users

ideally legalisation be done on a National level so that travel between states doesn't cause any potential issues

Allowance of 6 Flowering plants 6 Vegetating plants and up to 6 more cuttings or seedlings per household/user at any one time

so that one can keep up a "perpetual" self supply happening

And for those that Dont want to grow for themselves or can't then let small businesses open up a bunch of Coffeehouse/dispensaries 

but NO multi national or big chain store type ownerships allowed because they would ruin it with poorly grown yank shit lol

i hears you GSM - sounds like an ideal set up to me and very fair.

all things crossed. :)

Findings to be published on the 5th August, whats everyone expecting and will it change anything?

it could be good timing from some bizarre circumstances ... sometimes things align well and quickly ... or ... it could be that i just vaped some lovely cerebral weed and am talking out of my dot.:)

dan the man (or to some dan the dictator) had a pretty nasty fall and the poor bastard must be on some heavy opiods, which would not be an easy thing to govern on. he seems a bit more receptive than most politicians to canna. i'm not sure, but hoping this enquiry is using a similar process to other things he has pushed through - human rights charter, tenancy rights and euthanasia bill.

i'm really hoping that he already had a plan in place to legalise and has gotten off the opiods and started to manage his pain through canna - if that's the case, then who knows ... he could become Dan ....The Canna Man- i'd buy that t-shirt.:)

With Patton chairing the inquiry, I imagine big changes will be recommended, but how long would it take to become law i wonder.

looks like they have given themselves 6 months to respond to the report:

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/lsic-lc/article/4265

... then the parliament circus and then the laws. i suppose it really depends on how motivated dan the (medical canna) man is.

it's taking a fair while to get the driving with prescription canna put into law - that could be a logistics problem though - they can't really test impairment at present. might have to do the old walking a straight line trick again. :)

looks like they have given themselves 6 months to respond to the report:

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/lsic-lc/article/4265

... then the parliament circus and then the laws. i suppose it really depends on how motivated dan the (medical canna) man is.

it's taking a fair while to get the driving with prescription canna put into law - that could be a logistics problem though - they can't really test impairment at present. might have to do the old walking a straight line trick again. :)

The driving issue is a complex one and I cant pretend to have any good answers for it.

I do see the inconsistency though with the way we treat driving whilst using prescribed opioids as opposed to prescribed cannabis.

If only we could just trust each other to not drive when your off your guts!

Ta

Mick

• Upvote 1

The driving issue is a complex one and I cant pretend to have any good answers for it.

I do see the inconsistency though with the way we treat driving whilst using prescribed opioids as opposed to prescribed cannabis.

If only we could just trust each other to not drive when your off your guts!

Ta

Mick

i hears you Mick.

there are only a few strains i would feel comfortable driving on and even then, waiting a fair while. it's a tough one and complex as you said ... so many variables.

then there's the nasty situation of mixing substances and driving (and texting) - alcohol and canna don't bring out the safest behaviours, from experience.:)

for me ... being able to grow legally ... would have a huge positive impact. driving, in my case, has a lesser impact, but i know it causes so many canna partakers constant worry and stress.

On driving with THC in your system rather than impairment; It seems in Canada they can test for impairment. Why can't we?

https://madd.ca/pages/impaired-driving/overview/cannabis-and-driving/#10

Can I fail the test hours or days after consuming?

I have heard that traces of cannabis can stay in your system for a long time, even after the impairing effects are gone. Does that mean I could fail the test hours or days after consuming?

It is true that traces of cannabis can stay in one’s system for quite some time after consumption. While a background haze of THC may persist after use, the roadside oral fluid screening devices are set to a 25 nanograms threshold, which is significantly higher than the legal driving limits. In order to fail the roadside oral screening test, a driver must have above 25 nanograms per millilitre of THC in his or her oral fluid. Readings at this level are indicative of very recent use or a high level of impairment. Setting the screening devices to fail at 25 nanograms or higher reduces the risk of false positives, helping ensure that only those drivers who have recently used or are grossly impaired fail the test. The oral fluid test is only a screening test and cannot be used as evidence in a criminal trial; rather, those drivers that fail an oral fluid test will then be required to do a second evidentiary test, which can be used as evidence. It should also be noted that police will need reasonable suspicion that a driver has drugs in his or her body to demand a driver take the roadside oral fluid screening test in the first place. This remains a concern for medical cannabis users, whose trace cannabis levels will be higher than the recreational user. MADD Canada’s recommendation, as it is for users of other prescription drugs which may impact driving ability, is to always consult with the prescribing doctor and follow their advice on if and when it is safe to drive after taking the drug.

Edited by freddie
  • Upvote 2

A waste of 2 years work... Dan was always going to do this because the Police Union have a firm grasp of his testicles.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/andrews-government-quashes-push-to-legalise-cannabis-in-victoria-20210804-p58fq1.html

The inquiry considered evidence on both the decriminalisation and legalisation of the drug before the axed recommendations of the inquiry were drafted.

• Upvote 1