Small auto

I've heard you can make fem seeds by leaving a few branches on after harvest and keep them going until they throw bannanas. But your are not meant to pollenate the plant that made the pollen. You can collect the pollen and selectively brush the buds of other plants to create feminised seed.

Sound a lot easier than spraying collodial silver to turn and grow out a segregated male plant.

Can't find much info about anyone who's tried it but I'm sure someone here knows a lot more than me.

I think Cannabis originally was monecious, Male and Female on the same plant, human intervention has split them up if I'm not mistaken. That being said bannanas isn't a sign of a hermie, term commonly misused with bananas even I do it. But they are not true male flowers.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I wanted to grow in soil for ease of use. I tried coco but fucked that because I had no idea about nutes.

Is there a “growing cannabis in Australia for dummies” book?

Something with brands, basic nutes explanation etc without going into to much detail

I need to know how to keep the plant alive for now, not it’s molecular structure lol

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

The way I understand it is that every population contains hermaphroditic individuals, their purpose is to ensure survival of the population in harsh conditions.

The science indicates it to be genetic as they've picked up DNA markers. My understanding of this is that somewhere on the DNA chain something lines up that makes them either female or hermaphrodite. Because every population has a population of hermaphrodite individuals they're a phenotype, further to this they claim hermaphrodite to be a dominant trait in this phenotype.

On the flip side I've witnessed many an early male growth on plants in veg that disappear never to be seen again. This brings me back to temps influencing sex.

Not sure what to think personally, open to correction, it's just how I interpret the science.

Update

The tangerine dream hasn’t changed much at all by the end of week 4 but at least I learned something!

post-66652-158811832194_thumb.jpg

So I went to a hydro shop and talked about coco. Ended up with a bag of Nutrifield and a bottle of A & B. I want to buy the additives and have a play around with them. Which should I look at first?

I put a bubblegum auto in the coco and it seems healthy at day 4

post-66652-158811851319_thumb.jpg

Should I just rip the tangerine dream auto out of the soil and replace it with a TGD in coco?

Cheers

I would hold off on any of the additives personally, just focus on getting your watering right, it doesn't seem like you are there yet, that first pic the plant looking too droopy.

That one has been droopy since birth. I fucked it right from the start, that’s why I mentioned pulling it and starting again.