SuperSize Me

Chev

Hey Guys and Gals lol

Rented a few DVD's the other night, SuperSize Me by Morton Spurlock was one I've been waiting to see. And, I wasn't disappointed.

This guy lives on McDonalds for 30 days straight, eating it 3 times a day. He starts his project out under the supervision of a Cardiologist, a Gastro-enterologist and a GP. He also hires a top Nutritionist and Exercise guru to keep tabs on his weight and calorie intake.

He starts off healthy and 185 pounds, by 1/2 way thru you can see the guy is sick. Depression, kidney and liver problems, non-existent sex life and weight gain of around 30 pounds isn't all this guy copped. Go and get this doco out, you'll be amazed by the way fast food is in America. Even their sizes are HUGE. Like, the small is our size large. Hehehe, the first time they asked this guy to supersize, and he did, he spewed his guts up :D

Definitley worth watching, I'd give it eight and a half cones out of ten :thumbsup

P.S And don't be suprised if Maccas becomes a little less appealing afterwards!

yea I watched this also.

But a few things I noted was-

A/ his body wasnt used to eating crap, he was healthy as and was eating right in the beginning.

b/ he wasnt eating mcdonalds normally ie- he was supersizing and bindge eating. over eating to the point of vommitting.

c/ he was eating the worst shit you could buy.

d/ This was about maccas food but he would have got the same results with any foods if he decided to start over loading his body.

Its not used to digesting that amount or type of food.

was a good thing to watch though.

The guy only puked once :)

I think you guys have missed the big picture-He's basically just experimented to show what's not been known for sure: Eating shit like maccas everyday could kill you! Fair enough, we probably don't eat it any near that often. But how many people do?

The SuperSizing of meals was luring more and more people to supersize. So, I think the reason he pushed himself to eat the whole thing to prove something: Who the fuck needs a meal that goddamn size?? :D

Also, it's the typical American thing: They have to have the biggest. Their small is like our large at maccas.

Anyway, it's put me off eating it for awhile lol

I do realise this is something most of you probably don't want to face :;): I have a maccas addiction, and of course it's their double quarter pounder with cheese, the worst thing on the menu :thumbsup

b/ he wasnt eating mcdonalds normally ie- he was supersizing and bindge eating. over eating to the point of vommitting.

c/ he was eating the worst shit you could buy.

He was eating the way most of us are meant to before he started the maccas diet, healthily. He had everything on the menu once over the 30 days, so he wasn't constantly stuck on the same meal and he wasn't just eating the worst shit there was.

And yeah, he only binged and puked once, to prove a supersize point I'd say :D

Maccas sucks, they deserve the bad publicity. That shit is slow poison to the human body. two things piss me off about them majorly,

1. The emotional blackmailing they subtly use in their advertising, it manipulates children and parents acting on their emotional guilt.

2. Parents that feed their kids on this crap, look at some of the super size children eating in these places, condemning their kids to a lifetime of ill health and isoaltion from physical activity. Wake up you fuckwits ! Its child abuse!

Nice to know Australians have taken the crown from the Yanks, we are now the biggest people in the world officially.

For years Maccas have been pushing the barrow that their meals are nutrionally balanced, yeah, balanced to the point that they have equal proportions of sugar , fat and grease.

Boycott the cunts, theyre taking away from our culture and helping to turn our kids into carbon copy clones of americans.

Anyway anyone can make a far better tasting burger at home for a fraction of the cost.

I love my maccas too.

The only two people who i have heard of that eat maccas for every meal every day are Morgan Spurlock and this old woman in the US who lived across the road from maccas her whole life and never bothered eating anything else. She is quite normaly proportioned and healthy, the difference is she picked and chose what she ate and probably didn't upsize her meals. They do have some big an' honkin' food at maccas US though.

That having been said i recon there are a few burly blokes who work real hard who could put it away and still be healthy.

I also think i could survive on maccas eating the old menu, for a month, in Australia, easily (anyone at maccas want to sping for my food for a month?).

Btw Chev, i heard from a maccas worker, the quarter pounder patty isn't properly cooked on the setting on their machines. I like the double QP too (i also like big macs, double and tripple cheese burgers and fries), but i always get the meat well done.

i hired that movie only the other night myself :D

was very interesting and pretty funny too :) i did like how the pussy puked on the second day ::D: not the best way to start a 30 day bing :D

For years Maccas have been pushing the barrow that their meals are nutrionally balanced, yeah, balanced to the point that they have equal proportions of sugar , fat and grease.

i agree 100%

Btw Chev, i heard from a maccas worker, the quarter pounder patty isn't properly cooked on the setting on their machines

i 100% disagree....maccas has pretty strict guidlines to the temperatures at which their foods cook and the managers are MEANT to confirm these settings....although when i was working at McDonalds the managers used to just ask us the tempature setting to cook say a 1/4 pounder for both top and bottom grills and if we were wrong on either the manager would confirm the temps.....also the patties are sandwhiched inbetween 2 hotplates and cooked at the same time on a timer, same thing applies to confirmation of this setting.....

only once in all my time of working at maccas did the food turn out toally fucked...this was in my 3rd week of working and i just didnt press down the grill fully (was about 3/4 closed) and well basically i turned 10 beef patties into a blood bath on the grill :o ....they were all thrown and grill was scrubbed immediatally after it cooled down enough....

none the less, i eat junk food all the time and am maintaining my weight....sure i got up and down a kilo here and there but i dont go much lower than 83 or higher than 86 :D i could seriously eat maccas 3 times a day for a month and would most likely be better off as im usually too stoned to cook or go anywhere and usually end up ordering pizza and eating a full one to myself :D