Growing shrooms falls under the cultivation/production of a hallucinagen. In WA, the minimum penalty if $3000 or 1 year in jail, which is fucking serious stuff for only a cake or 2.

If your growing MJ and selling, or if ppl know your growing then i wouldnt risk growing shrooms just incase you get raided. If your growing MJ for yourself and nobody knows about it, then sure give it a try. I grew both at the same time for over a year and probably lost about 20 years from my life :)

all are classed as schedual 1 drugs and carry pretty much the same punishment , the leg you have to stand on with those others is that you can claim to grow them strickly for preservation and ornimental reasons which will let you off , ya gcan do that with shrooms really

they do allow the preservation of them but only in spore print form :)

Not sure ferengi, never really had a chance to grow those so havent looked into penalties.

Khat is more of a stimulant that hallucinogen.

Peyote will def fall under halluc....but for both of those most wouldnt even know what they were looking at if you have a nice backyard full of all sorts of plants. May as well throw in some poppies too, just dont grow them in rows is the rule i think :)

I believe salvia has one of the highest rankings and serverity of punishments, but again throw it in your herb garden and nobody will know.

radars

Edited by radars

I don't think torsen would like the spreading of rumours that he sells schedualled items , he keeps his shop pretty up to date with the laws the only exception are loph seeds and poppies both of which are grow at your own risk and have rather large warnings

yeah th laws on them over here are definatly over harsh , but it is largly due to the abuse of magic mushrooms in america that we copped the laws

In england they are actuayl curretly reviewign the mushroom laws , because of the low level of regulation there is too many peopel hae been found to be abuseing it , and well this is when the governement normally steps in and schedualls an item which is what is happening over there

yeah th laws on them over here are definatly over harsh , but it is largly due to the abuse of magic mushrooms in america that we copped the laws

In england they are actuayl curretly reviewign the mushroom laws , because of the low level of regulation there is too many peopel hae been found to be abuseing it , and well this is when the governement normally steps in and schedualls an item  which is what is happening over there

awwww man i've gotta lotta friends back in england who arent gonna be very happy about that. mind you, a substance being illegal has never stopped them in the past :smoke

Heres how it goes...

Legal as seed * though info in your possession support conspiracy charges

spores (cept in qld where a prohibited plant and illegal to import)

All cacti seeds (except where prohibited by state agriculture laws)

almosts all ethnobotanicals (as above)

illegal even in seed form seed

Cannabis

Coca

Salvia divinorum (untested)

Mitragyna speciosa (untested)

* poppies are excluded for culinary purposes

* There is also a customs prohobited IMPORT list that makes stuff like woodrose, poppie, Iboga, MG, Khat seed, Anadenathera peregrina and others illegal to import but not to have from australian sources

Legal as a living plant (again except where info or other illegal plants support conspiracy)

All cacti

All ethnobotanicals not specifically mentioned by agriculture or drug laws

Illegal as living plant

Psilocybin containing fungi

Cannabis

Opium poppy

Coca (all species containing cocaine)

salvia divinorum (untested)

mitragyna (untested)

Legal as herb GYO (simple possession)

Any herb not containing an S8 or S9 drug (drug law statutes)

Legal as herb to buy, sell, supply

Any herb not containing S8. S9, S4 or S2 drugs (prescription only and pharmacy OTC medicines respectively)

(doenst leave many)

Illegal as herb (preparations containing s8 and s9 poisons)

Cannabis

Salvia

Kratom (untested0

Poppy straw

opium

etc..

Grey area (untested in court of law)

the rest...

But thats not all of it

here are indiscrepancies, contardictions and loopholes explored and unexplored

the law is never clear cut

which is why you should always keep your mouth shut and get a good lawyer

and dont compound the problem by having shrooms or other plants in your grow room!!!!

As far as why???

well australia automatically accepts the UN convention on narcotics and weve based all our drug laws on the most extreme anti drug propaganda

Australia has the most comprehensive antibotanical drug rules of any country i know

weve banned it all including compounds and therefore herbs many countries havent bothered to

Its fucked up

but it isnpires up to keep looking for nonscheduled plants ad compounds and so keep one step ahead

Edited by funkyfungus