Polination advice. When Boi meets Gurl.

Old fox

look for tight baby nuggets around week 3-4 as a guide (all strains will vary on how well they take and when)

You want the bud to have started to form, not just pre flower and with lots of pistils pointing in all directions.

If you have a loop you check to see how open the caylaxes is (you want them to be open a little atleast, fails can occur if they are closed with a pistil sticking out)

There are various strategies you can employ to avoid polenating everything.

If you have already mixed in flour (I prefer rice or corn flour as it works better as a desiccant) you can hand paint the target buds if conditions not blowing to much around and hope for the best or a wine bottle paper bag with a dose of pollen in it tied off, shake shit around occasionally and keep it on for at least 24hrs

If you isolate with a paper bag you can protect your other buds by spraying the rest of the plant both before and after as long as you keep the target branch dry, and the bag..

After 24/48 hours and some maracas sessions you can mist down and remove the bag (spray the target branch and even repeat the pollenation process 2 weeks later to be sure)

The reason I suggest paper is because if you use plastic the branch will sweat up and potentially fail the pollen

Finally, what you will notice for successful pollenation is that the target pistils should prematurely turn brown/orange and wilt, leave plant or at least that branch as long as possible before harvesting

Have funs!

Edited by puggle6
  • Upvote 1

Why's that? I just explained why. To produce good viable seeds. most seeds produced on lower popcorn buds don't form properly, usually unviable, and lower your strike rate.

You've lost me with the theory that the pollen works it's way to the top, how does that happen?

You misunderstood, reread my last message. I'll be covering the lower colas( in glad wrap) and doing dirty with top colas. Now his work is done, photo of the Boi soon to meet the axe. post-65010-158158168457_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You misunderstood, reread my last message. I'll be covering the lower colas( in glad wrap) and doing dirty with top colas. Now his work is done, photo of the Boi soon to meet the axe. attachicon.gifIMG_20200213_190927080.jpeg

Sorry, fox. My blue. I should've quoted kloud's post, because he was the one i was replying to.

• Upvote 1

look for tight baby nuggets around week 3-4 as a guide (all strains will vary on how well they take and when)

You want the bud to have started to form, not just pre flower and with lots of pistils pointing in all directions.

If you have a loop you check to see how open the caylaxes is (you want them to be open a little atleast, fails can occur if they are closed with a pistil sticking out)

There are various strategies you can employ to avoid polenating everything.

If you have already mixed in flour (I prefer rice or corn flour as it works better as a desiccant) you can hand paint the target buds if conditions not blowing to much around and hope for the best or a wine bottle paper bag with a dose of pollen in it tied off, shake shit around occasionally and keep it on for at least 24hrs

If you isolate with a paper bag you can protect your other buds by spraying the rest of the plant both before and after as long as you keep the target branch dry, and the bag..

After 24/48 hours and some maracas sessions you can mist down and remove the bag (spray the target branch and even repeat the pollenation process 2 weeks later to be sure)

The reason I suggest paper is because if you use plastic the branch will sweat up and potentially fail the pollen

Finally, what you will notice for successful pollenation is that the target pistils should prematurely turn brown/orange and wilt, leave plant or at least that branch as long as possible before harvesting

Have funs!

Thanks puggles. I was thinking of temporary covering lower buds (glad wrap) while open pollenating a few top colas. But I like the idea of a brown paper bag for isolating top colas. I'll use both, and remove glad wrap after a minute or two. Want to avoid over seeding too many colas on females. I'll pick the right baby nuggets on top. That way I can then market them as premium through resin brothers website for $20 a seed.....lol.