in serious need of advice in growing!

:D .. same thing happens to me, for example my friend asked me if he could add orange juice to his soil grow ... i told him that it would probably cause the pH level to rise and cause nute lockout, what did he do ?? added the orange juice and his plant started wilting

Slim, orange juice is acidic in nature, quite acidic actually. The thing that probably damaged his plants was the sugar, or even perhaps some of the additives used in foods like that. But yeah, not a good idea. lol Your friend would be well advised to rock up to ozstoners himself and learn a bit, and then he won't be killing no more plants. :D

Oh, and I still don't like bagseed. Sure, you'll learn a lot from it, but you'll also be essentially "wasting" a season if you end up with hermie or otherwise screwed up plants. There's nothing worse than trying to grow a sativa dominant strain in a small, made from scratch growroom. It's painful, trust me.

So yeah, I'd say buy yourself a mixed seed collection or have a look into some of the cheaper strains out there in the seedbanks. There are quite a few and they don't involve your having to tell someone else you plan to grow. :)

Slim, orange juice is acidic in nature, quite acidic actually. The thing that probably damaged his plants was the sugar,

Sugar wouldnt have done it. Your can buy products like final flush etc that contains sugar.

Ive used this sort of product before and it didnt hurt the plant at all.

Oh, and I still don't like bagseed. Sure, you'll learn a lot from it, but you'll also be essentially "wasting" a season if you end up with hermie or otherwise screwed up plants. There's nothing worse than trying to grow a sativa dominant strain in a small, made from scratch growroom. It's painful, trust me.

Yup, im with Luke on this.

My first ever indoors grow was good decent strains from Stonedas AussieSPC.

I never regrettted it at all.

For me my thoughts were if im going to use so much power, spend so much time on the plants and have the risk of being busted then buggar the bagseed crap.

If you cant afford good seeds then honeslty you cant afford to grow pot.

even a pack of Nirvana from Planetskunk.com would be far better than hermi home crappy bagseed lol. :thumbsup :reallyexcited:

:D

Hey dont knock bagseed, I purchased fifty bucks worth of unknown strain from MJOZ and one female grows coke sized buds (well almost) in my scrog setup and I get just short of a pound from each plant which far exceeds my needs.

Pity I have to throw the excess away, it breaks my heart. lol

Hey dont knock bagseed, I purchased fifty bucks worth of unknown strain from MJOZ and one female grows coke sized buds (well almost) in my scrog setup and I get just short of a pound from each plant which far exceeds my needs.

hmm If its from MJOZ then its a mystery strain not bagseed.

It should be a good strain.

Sometimes you do get good bagseeds but Not often.