Outdoor plot preparation

thanks for replies to date

i did more digging last weekend, and backfilled holes with horse manure + dynamic lifter. Added a few handfuls of: blood and bone, potash and dolomite.

Covered surface with soil and raised beds about 30cms. I'll now leave for a few weeks before I plant a cover crop of broad beans.

In spring I'll be raising regular seeds from Southern Star

I'll start grows in pots. After raising in seed raising mixture, I'll trial two initial grow options> I'm looking at potting 50% of plants in Cann Terra pro(using their nutes), and the  other 50% in home made potting mix.

After about 8 weeks - or, sooner if I'm certain they are female, I'll move all plants into inground plots.

Fot the plants raised in Canne Terra Pro(CTP), can I then move these seeds into outdoor plots?  Or, is it a bad idea to move from CTP into an outdoor plot (i.e if I start in CTP, I should finish grow in CTP)?

I start my plants in Canna Terra Pro 8 litre pots after they germinate in smaller units. Then into garden beds or 75 litre pots with Searls premium potting mix. Never had any problems. Check out the area for signs of termites as they will destroy your plants in no time if they latch onto them. Good choice of seed bank as well. SSS have some good strains.

thanks for advice kloud9

thanks also to Brick - I'll be using grow mediums staged similar to yours.

Never thought to look out for termites, until now !!    

I grew under lights about 35 years ago using SonT agro (spelling ???)  lights from Holland, but my results were very poor - less than an ounce a plant due mainly to poor soil choice ( and the fact I was impatient - and whacked, so i didnt retain much)

With outdoor space, and better soil choice ( more patience and a clearer head)  this time, im hopeful of better results.  

I tried an outdoor hydro and trusted in the system. But if power goes off or some critter nocks wiring pumps or stuff the plants die or at least get stressed and turn hermie. If their roots are in the soil they are far safer if not checking daily. Ever thought about wicking beds.

I tried an outdoor hydro and trusted in the system. But if power goes off or some critter nocks wiring pumps or stuff the plants die or at least get stressed and turn hermie. If their roots are in the soil they are far safer if not checking daily. Ever thought about wicking beds.