Help! About to lose my tree

Thanks for the reply bro. I don't think it is stem rot. Only the branches that snapped have the dying leaves and flowers on it, the rest are fine. Plus there is a small plant next to it that is thriving. I cut the dying bits of the dead branches, going to leave it without spraying it with the fungicide I bought (same bottle as you suggested) and see how it goes for a while.

Could constant rain and wet soil cause the branches to snap? We had rain everyday for quite a while. Wondering if it could be the wet conditions that caused branches to snap and although I tried to tie them back up so the snapped branch was face to face with the main trunk, it didn't heal properly and started dying. Other branches that have snapped and I managed to get a real good bond back onto the main trunk, seemed to have healed and doing well.

Ya just answered ya own question. Yes the snapped branches have died. Haha ya should of just said that at the start. [emoji23][emoji23]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Ya just answered ya own question. Yes the snapped branches have died. Haha ya should of just said that at the start. [emoji23][emoji23]

I did say that at the start? Either way, today when  I had a look, the buds way up top on the main trunk, are browning off and dying...I ended up cutting the original dying branches off and apart from the main trunk buds, everything else seems ok atm.

But considering the main trunk didn't snap and it is showing signs of dying off, there goes my theory of only the branches that snapped are the ones dying...Any other suggestions? I'm no expert, but it just doesn't seem consistent with stem rot to me.

I did say that at the start? Either way, today when I had a look, the buds way up top on the main trunk, are browning off and dying...I ended up cutting the original dying branches off and apart from the main trunk buds, everything else seems ok atm.

But considering the main trunk didn't snap and it is showing signs of dying off, there goes my theory of only the branches that snapped are the ones dying...Any other suggestions? I'm no expert, but it just doesn't seem consistent with stem rot to me.

True you did i just read back. If there is no visible mould on the stem then consider what jester said. Check the base of the stem for any small holes or any other signs of pests.

True you did i just read back. If there is no visible mould on the stem then consider what jester said. Check the base of the stem for any small holes or any other signs of pests.

Thanks Jester. Only insects visible are plenty of ants and those little black shells that stick to the stems. I don't even know what they are tbh? See photo attached, looks  kinda like these.

But no more compared to last season, which didn't effect the tree at all, at a healthy 2.6pounds. The buds of them main stem, are looking worse today, and one other branch maybe too. I might try holding off watering it for a couple of days, considering we've had plenty of rain everyday, which would not have allowed the soil to dry out at all.

Damn, how do I post an image from a file on my computer, without having to link a url?