Spider mites !

Gday crew

Bloody spider mites on my plants !! Noticed fine webbing between leaves and stems and buds .....

I’ve sprayed with some dish washing detergent in a spray bottle - any other methods people have tried and tested ??

Still got 5 weeks before harvest!

Thanks in advance legends

Wow - just looked it up... so you can buy them and release them into your grow room . Is there any repercussions doing this as in too many of those bugs are bad for plants etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

They won't hurt your plants ,might need a follow up a week or two later ,,,once they run out of mites or larvae to eat I think they just starve and die.

Yep I’m a westerner !

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Worth calling, their website says they will do smaller quantities in vermiculite, but there's a garden centre in perth thats listed as a stockist that says you can't get them... may have just been being difficult though... they had that twang of cnut in their voice.

Yep I’m a westerner !

Best advice I had was make it as uncomfortable as you can for them and they'll want to fuck off. Make a tea out of half a jar of coriander seed, a whole diced onion and 3 crushed cloves of garlic in a whole kettle of boiling water. Let it brew and cool over night and strain out the chunky bits. The smells drive them nuts if you leave dishes of the concentrate around your grow room under your canopy. It can be diluted down at least 1 to 5 parts water and sprayed on the underside of leaves, and on tent walls. Obviously don't spray directly on buds or you'll just be swapping mites for mould. This got me through the last 6 weeks of last run cos I didn't want my nosey post office manager asking about strange pakages... so I decided against the californicus.

• Upvote 1

Got me some spider-mites for the second time this season, black ones, never had them before (black ones)

found them on me cuttings off the plants in the ground, checked the big ones, 4 out of 6 has them,

never going to be able to get rid of them completely till the end of the season, just keep them under control for now

They seem to die to easy the first time tho, they are coming from under the big pink flowering tree that is right beside me Thai/Malawi, and spread from there.

post-59916-0-43611600-1551819968_thumb.jpg