Time of day to pick?

just an opinion

we are triscombe farmers , green plant matter is of not much interest apart from supporting the T heads 

it's the triscombe heads that are being replenished at night & why imo you harvest in the morning 

terpenes are the biggest winners or losers when it comes to harvest time , we have monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes

sesquiterpenes are quite hardy , they will take a bit of heat B4 gassing off , the type of terpenes you want if your a joint 

smoker , they tend keep from gassing off as you drag hot air though a joint , so flav stays to the end of the joint , everyone 

in the circle gets a taste 

monoterpenes are lill more fragile & some will gas off at temps over 26c , in a joint the 1st toke get all the flav , after that the terps are gone 

fine to smoke single hits like in a bong/pipe for instance , not so great in a joint 

outdoor sun will effect terpenes & the T heads in general , the plant re-news any degradation of T-heads over night 

best to harvest B4 sun gets on the plant in the morning , not that your plant will turn to shit if the sun gets on it 

you should be able to test this , especially if you have a heavy monoterpene plant , give a well developed bud a squeeze at the end of a hot dry day

& take a whiff , go back at the next morning & do the same thing & see what diff you notice 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

can't say i've tried it myself & don't think i can find any canna science on it 

like most things we debate sometimes it's prob coming from growing another plant that has a dark cycle B4 harvest 

you would think if it's the dark that helps the plant replenish itself , then it be a good thing to have a longer dark cycle B4 

harvest , interested to see how you & others go 

I've seen a few blokes online using a 11/13 flowering schedule, apparently finishes faster and bigger so ya might be into something there itch.

can't say i've tried it myself & don't think i can find any canna science on it

like most things we debate sometimes it's prob coming from growing another plant that has a dark cycle B4 harvest

you would think if it's the dark that helps the plant replenish itself , then it be a good thing to have a longer dark cycle B4

harvest , interested to see how you & others go

I've seen a few blokes online using a 11/13 flowering schedule, apparently finishes faster and bigger so ya might be into something there itch.

yeah i've done 11/13 even 10/14 towards the end of a grow 

more so to mimic the natural light cycle outdoors , can't say it got anything to finish quicker 

in fact can't say it did anything really , in saying that i didn't have a control sample to compare too at the time 

Just pulled the hempys out of the darkness they have been in for 3 days.

Side by side the ones that haven’t, I can see no visual difference... even taking pics trying to get good lighting on them, they are the same.

I have chopped and hung them but have marked them differently so I’ll see if there is any difference once dried.

• Upvote 1

Just pulled the hempys out of the darkness they have been in for 3 days.

Side by side the ones that haven’t, I can see no visual difference... even taking pics trying to get good lighting on them, they are the same.

I have chopped and hung them but have marked them differently so I’ll see if there is any difference once dried.

Are you from myth busters?