1st Time grower - Can you help? pls

Ok I don't think u gonna like the answer

I have put some thought into your situation n the only course of action I can is drastic

U have organic soil so why r u persistently feeding it, they don't require it

Your root system will look like the plants r above the ground, I'm suspecting not much growth at all, so this n the medium is the first thing we'll look at

Your medium is probably stuffed now n u can't just flush it out so u gonna have to start again

There r plenty of threads here about organic soils here , if that's the way u go , but essentially once u made your soil u only need to water, no nutrients

To do this u r going to have to remove old soil from roots

Don't do this with freezing water about 20c would be ideal, wash all the soil away from roots then

place them carefully in new medium, don't pour water in the top, once u have put it in new soil let it soak the water up from the bottom

This will give a much more even spread of water throughout the pot

I noticed u said nothing about fans for circulation n extraction fans of some description, this is not to be overlooked

U

Your plants need this to strengthen stems

Dead air is bad air, any dead spots will cause grief whether it be mould or poor growth

The reason u think u have 2 strains could simply be boys or girls as they tend to grow different structures

I know u probably thinking about now what the fuck!

Unfortunately the fact of the matter is that if u don't address all of these issues u may as well pack it all up now because u r just wasting electricity

Back to the plants

Once u have them in new medium, at least 30% perlite, work on getting a good root system

Seasol will be perfect for this, use 1/2 the dose on bottle,

It's gonna take 3 or 4 weeks to get them back on track b then there's no guarantee all the stress won't turn them hermies

Environment is everything in this game, check out VPD charts for temperatures n humidity ranges,

Remember more is less, lots of ppl think I'll pump them full of fertiliser n watch them explode into growth, wrong,

Start reading about what plants need n when n why, how they work , this information will help u understand why b how things come together to give u good harvest

Sorry but u should have got all this right b4

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 2

I agree with Micmac if your going organic you shouldn’t need any nutrients just mulch and water. As well as ph in organic soil I have never used ph meters as they tend to buffer themselves and are not needed. I have had plants that have gone to the brink of death and with MicMac’s advise to wash and repot don’t fret it is easily acheiveable and does work. Patience is key here, get a new soil together not cheap crap you could even look to mixing your own if you like plenty of recipes out there but again don’t over complicate it.

You could do

1/3 compost or earth worm castings

1/3 pumice, perlite or scoria

1/3 sphagnum peat moss or coco - I prefer peat moss in soil

In my experience just this and water willbget you through to flowering without any amendments but if you want to amend you can chuck in kelp meal, Neem tree granules, basalt rock dust, dolomite lime if you want however I recommend repot and time, as long as your environment is all good you should be able to get them back on track.

Also watering every 3-4days dependent on pot size though vs plant size however this can be judged by feel if weight or sticking your finger in the soil or even get a moisture meter from bunnings in worst case

i agree with all that but id like to know how the soil smells when u shake it off im betting its gone toxic, and cut the dead stuff back if mixing soil mix is hard buy some canna brand. and the plant should survive if done well, give it a dark spell afterwards, but get that grow room right good airflow right temps, 

i suspect this is over watering, soggy root zone, probably some disease in there that needs to be cleaned up, the grow room conditions sound ripe for it

Hi! This could be the cause, it's been very cold this winter where we live and the pots have been taking longer than expected to dry out, what would be your way to combat this? We've layed off the water for the past four days or so. Cheers!

Hi! This could be the cause, it's been very cold this winter where we live and the pots have been taking longer than expected to dry out, what would be your way to combat this? We've layed off the water for the past four days or so. Cheers!

as posted above espec by micmac there is some drastic suggestions which i agree with, repot the plant into a new soil mix- wash all the old soil off the roots, or another option which i cant help ya with, apply some sort of detox treatment to it all, cut it back and hope for the best

• Upvote 1