Heat Mats over Winter

Hi JT, my space is too large to control the temp with a couple of tube heaters. I've got other things in the room and no tent so I'm kind of stuck in terms of heating which is why I was asking about the mats as the pots could sit directly on top (with some sort of waterproof insulation inbetween).

The lights I run during the day as it's more cost efficient for me. But I know what you're saying.. Run them at night.

I'll just deal with the cold the best I can. Got some nice purple colours on the NL.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Ah ok, didn’t realize you weren’t running a tent. I too run my lights during the day, found that running lights overnight I had to use an oil heater, but now with my tube heaters I can run them through the night so the temps aren’t getting too low overnight, around 16C.

Might get some nice colours if that keeps up...

Best of luck, hope you get your environment dialed in just right. It’s so important

Ah ok, didn’t realize you weren’t running a tent. I too run my lights during the day, found that running lights overnight I had to use an oil heater, but now with my tube heaters I can run them through the night so the temps aren’t getting too low overnight, around 16C.

Might get some nice colours if that keeps up...

Best of luck, hope you get your environment dialed in just right. It’s so important

Thanks mate. Sometines just have to work around what you have. My fabric pots sit on milk crates. I might have to get a saucer under them between the heat pad if that's the way I go. I've also heard its about the roots being happy as important.

MLG

Heat maps have worked fine for me for cloning and seedlings, and can't say I've noted any root rot over the years. The heat maps regulate their own temps, not sure how though. But they seem to do it well, even the brewing heat mats work well with holding a constant temp for fermenting during winter.

You could use bar or oil heaters etc. but you'll be using a lot more electricity than a heat map as they're very low wattage.

Hope you find something that works for you. MLG. :good:

Maybe try a fan controller and turn your intake right down and lower your out fan aswell should help temps

Thanks for the suggestion but it's too much of an investment fore to make considering how little I grow. Plus it's a really big room with other things there too.

Heat maps have worked fine for me for cloning and seedlings, and can't say I've noted any root rot over the years. The heat maps regulate their own temps, not sure how though. But they seem to do it well, even the brewing heat mats work well with holding a constant temp for fermenting during winter.

You could use bar or oil heaters etc. but you'll be using a lot more electricity than a heat map as they're very low wattage.

Hope you find something that works for you. MLG. :good:

Thanks Indy. My space is just too large to consider the heater. I'll try the mats and put with something inbetween them and the fabric pot. MLG

• Upvote 1