Nutrients

i shop at bunnings a bit, they have a decent range, esp for the outdoor grower, maybe some bunnings are diff.i can walk into a smaller nursery type shop local and they are like bunnings just with a smaller range, a lot of things like shop space rent kill small business

Just bought these this morning from a local Hydroponics store that has just started up. No they weren't cheap but I figure I'd like the store to stay in business as it is convenient. They actually had a good array of stuff in there for a small store. Don't really know if the Biodiesel is worth it but I'll see how it goes once my autos start flowering I will also give the girls in the greenhouse a dose next feed as apparently it can be used in soil as well. b8363e32152988d1e55d78c5b81f7c5a.jpg

Yeah, all I ever used was basic veg and flower nutes that have a seaweed extract in them, and only additive is Canna's PK 13/14 when the time arrives. Never bought into the theory of extra additives. Mainly because I've been of the opinion it's not that necessary. Starting with good genetics is paramount over what any additive can do for your grow.

That said, I hope the Bio-Diesel proves it's worth at $56, Max. Looking at that pic, it looks as if it might be molasses based? Ahh well, looks like I'll be hitting google and see what info that coughs up. :)

Yeah, all I ever used was basic veg and flower nutes that have a seaweed extract in them, and only additive is Canna's PK 13/14 when the time arrives. Never bought into the theory of extra additives. Mainly because I've been of the opinion it's not that necessary. Starting with good genetics is paramount over what any additive can do for your grow.

That said, I hope the Bio-Diesel proves it's worth at $56, Max. Looking at that pic, it looks as if it might be molasses based? Ahh well, looks like I'll be hitting google and see what info that coughs up. :)

Yeah it wasn't cheap but thought I'd give it a crack. Got bat guano and sugars and other organic crap in it. Can only try it.

That's where I went wrong with a little this time is genetics. I'll pay the extra next run for some good seeds that way I know what I'm in for.

• Upvote 1

Hey Maxlass, was that a bit of a bum steer?

There is many ways to do it. Not so much the Lucas formula per se, but the nuts and bolts of it all. You know, you just read some of it. How much does cannabis really need? How much of each N-P-K. Which micro nutrients? how much of each? that sort of stuff. Tonnes to research if that way inclined.

Of course you don’t really need to understand any of the above or even know what a good nutrient profile is to grow some quality ganja.

For new coco growers the kiss method rules the roost imo. Base mix and pk as Tunkers recommends.

If feeling adventurous throw some flower booster at it like micmac.

I reckon no matter which product line you choose there will be the odd deficiency that you will have to learn about. So no. You probably don’t need to throw anything out. Just figure out what you need more of and when. Hahaha.

To try and avoid deficiency or overfert I feed light-ish at around 1.5ml/ltr. A dose of Mg mid veg, a dose or two of CalMag in the weeks of stretch, finishing with PK in the first third of flower or thereabouts.

That 1.5ml stays pretty constant the entire grow. If the sun is full on summer I back it off.

How much you giving?

Ec pen /wand is not really needed but it is interesting for monitoring ec in/out for a while. It sure is nice to have though. I still use mine daily throughout the season. Blue Lab truncheon.

I've pretty much just been following directions on the nutrient. 1.2g/L A and 0.8g/L B with Manutec and whatever is on the label for the Xtreme nutrients. Only used the Xtreme nutrients for a short period before switching over. Apart from a little nutrient burn which was resolved with a good flush Manutec seems pretty good. It's profile is N-P-K, 7.6 - 3.1 - 18.2 plus TEs.

I looked up the KISS formula using maxibloom powder by general hydroponics and that sounds very simple. I'm just trying different things ATM and learning as I go.