Ripped!... Totally gut wrenching :(

He sounds like a good friend. If he has indeed ripped you off, look at why. Is he struggling financially? Feels dependent on cannabis or other drugs to make it through the day? Perhaps he's done it to repair a financial strain in his life that he didn't know how to solve any other way.

If he smokes, he knows you'd sort him for buds from your harvest with some degree of mate's rates, so I can't think why he'd risk you giving up on growing after being ripped. That's putting a hole in his direct supply for years.

So, if it was him, he's done it for one of two reasons -- financial strain or jealousy.

If it's jealousy, offer to grow a plant each together in a location. Teach him. Grow another alone so if ya mate starts shooting his mouth off and bragging about it, you still have a plant to harvest when those others inevitably get ripped and your mate learns the harsh lesson you're learning now.

If it's financial strain, and you can manage it, show some understanding and compassion. Let him know it's not on to steal off ya mates but it's cool to lean on them for a bit of help. Sell to him cheaper in bulk amounts so he can skim a neat profit on top, if he does have your buds. You increase the chance of getting them back then and retaining a friendship, if you choose to.

Ever heard that saying about teaching a man to fish? It's golden advice for dealing with your friends or family that you want to use for an extra set of hands. Keeps everyone happy. Just keep your good bud secrets to yourself so you're still doing better but [emoji6] can't do all the work for em!

Shade cloth in the same colours of the area it's in stops the drones or choppers a few years ago had a dozen plants in a semi open area,choppers were finding a few plants all around very close proximity of where I had mine never touched them it was just a sandy colour camo net from eBay if that helps

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Or he could just be a dickhead, idk. I give humans too much credit sometimes.

There's much substance to this post. I nominate for the post of the year, please! lol

Not because of it's dark tones. But more for situations like the times you've shown and/or explained something to someone, and they go ahead and fuck it up anyway. I've been guilty of it myself on many occasions as well.. lol

• Upvote 2

So I told him this morning and there really was a legitimate look of surprise and disbelief on his face. I could see he was dissapointed for me. As I mentioned before, he's never had a good poker face and Ive known him long enough to read his body language. So pretty pleased it wasnt him.

That gets me thinking about how the hell they could both be found and ripped on the same day. Particularly the MD would be very hard to see from ground level. The only explanation I can come up with is someone is visiting carparks with surrounding bush and flying a drone around looking for plants. Some of these drones have a pretty big range from what I've seen. It would a very profitable little venture I imagine. My 2 plants alone would have made him over $6000.

Makes it hard guerilla growing when you only have limited bushland nearby and cant grow within a few hundred metres of carparks. Might have to reassess my strategy and perhaps put some autos in early and get them out before the pricks start scoping out bushland with their drones.

Am speculating of course. It may have been a motorised parasailor or who knows what else.

Just glad it wasnt my mate!

• Upvote 1