Outdoor Sativa yellowing

I've never been worried by yellowing leaves late in flowering on otherwise healthy ladies. My understanding is that in it's late stages the plant is using all the available sugars/nutrients for flowering hence the die off of leaves. Without pics it's difficult to tell whether it's healthy yellowing/die off or not. Late stage yellowing seems strain dependent too, not all of them exhibit the trademark autumnal colours....it can be quite beautiful imho.

I don't fertilise my ladies much at all and not at all late in flowering but they do love a slug of molasses in the water during the final weeks.

Hopefully your gals are just doing what comes naturally.

• Upvote 1

This is how it works, if you have planted in a well aerated composted soil that is teaming with microbes and have planted a cover crop to mulch the top of the pot and feed the microbes to stop the top of the soil from drying out completely and killing your microbes and messing with your potted soil, your leaf yellowing will be minimal and any yellowing will be more than likely genetics of your plant.

Now, microbes die on contact with the salts in synthetic fertilizers. Once you're hooked up with synthetic fertilizers and you are then feeding the plant instead of feeding the soil, and not replenishing the microbes in your soil with mulch to feed them, you will have to stick with feeding those nutrients up until the final two weeks of growing when you flush the pot to remove any build up deposits of nutrients and salts from the synthetic fertilizers. After that flushing, your plant has no choice but to take the nutrients from the leaves to continue growing the buds. This causes some yellowing on the bottom leaves and it's completely normal and harmless. It's just the plant taking remaining nutrients and feeding them into the buds, which you want, as it means healthier buds and a cleaner, tastier smoke!

Hook your girl back up with the Thrive, as that's what you have been using. Water in a half dose of Thrive and whatever Potash you're using until run off. Next watering, just do clean water that you've kept outside for at least 24 hours to lose the chlorine in it if you're watering with town water. Next water, grab yourself a bottle of gogo juice, make up a double strength dose, water it through until run off, and then mulch the pots with a 2:1 (carbon:nitrogen) mix of mulch. Your carbon could be lucerne and your nitrogen could be pea straw -- for example. This will feed the good bacteria in your soil that come from the gogo juice. After that, all you will literally have to do is occasionally top up your mulch and give it a small boost of organic fertilizer plus watering, obviously. Grab a bottle of ORGANIC Charlie Carp for a small booster when you believe she needs it. It won't kill your microbial life and it is simple for them to break down and feed to your plant. Should keep you golden until harvest and you will see the benefits of starting to grow organically. Which is heaps cheaper and easier in the long run.

Hope that helps a bit. Happy to be corrected by more experienced growers here, but that's the method I'll be doing with my potted up grows, except I will be using living a living carbon cover crop such as alfafa.