best sativa an best indica to grow 1st ?

Thanks for the replys guys.

Man i could spend a forture at any seedbank... they all look so tasty lol

But i dont have a forture, esp atm, so seeing as im new to this anyway im experimenting with all the bag seed ive managed to get my hands on.

Hope fully soon ill make a purchase of some descent strains and hopefully by then ill know enough to be able to grow em well...

Peace

Yeah, just recognise that your bagseed is stray pollinations in otherwise female crops, so they're either going to be from completely unknown male stock accidentally getting a couple of grains into the growroom, OR it's the result of a few male flowers, (sometimes called bananas cos they sorta look like that), being produced in a female crop, in which case they're going to be, in all likelyhood, hermie seeds.

So I'd say yeah, grow from bagseed to learn, but you should realise that you may be risking hermies in your growroom. Still, they are a great way to learn how to grow in your first try, although sometimes it can be discouraging to have hermies and sativa dominant plants bred for outdoor conditions trying to be grown indoors... I've personally found that almost all bagseed is sativa influenced most heavily, but that's just my personal luck. Some great plants can be grown from b-seed, and if you grow enough of them to select from, picking the best and brightest of the bunch to grow on, then you may end up with a great plant to clone and grow on. lol

I'd say if you wanted to spend a bit of $ to get some decent genetics you know won't hermie on you, (although even then you're trusting the company which bred them, usually meaning that there's a direct correllation between cost of seed and value, but not always) then you could be well advised to start out with a White Widow or Skunk crop. The widow, in my experience, is a fairly easy plant to grow, and despite it's majority sativa influence, has a really kick ass stone and covers itself in trichomes that make you drool. The ubiquitous skunk is a good one too, 75 and 25 indica...

A good indica to try, which won't be too hard to grow, would be afghani IMHO.

Check out the cannagenetics strainbase if you like, lots of information about thousands of strains there. Mind you, come on back here and tell us what you pick though. :)

Check out Planet Skunk too, they may be able to help you with an easy growing selection of seeds for a very, very reasonable price. There are some other good seedbanks listed in the Seedbanks and Breeding forums. ;)

Oh yeah, and I shouldn't go past one more selection for you, try Blue Widow from Fleur Du Mal seeds, made by DJ Short. Great "up" stone, great plant which grows out rather than up, and extremely short flowering time (45-55 days, I harvest around 48-50) with a good yeild regardless. Couple of genotypes are apparent, one more heavily sativa influenced from the WW side, with long, thick colas and a "higher" stone, and the indica dominant geno, which shows through with a very, very compact bud structure, and much more dense foliage and internode growth. There could be a gradual cline between these two, making it possible with enough seeds from the cross to get a continual graduation between the two, but I found these two came out quickly and steadily in my sowings of the strain, which weren't many admittedly.

I've still got two seeds sitting there, waiting for the day when I want to see if I can get another female. :D

Hope that helps, and good luck growing mate. Pot itself isn't addictive, but growing it sure as heck is. :D