Salvia

S. divinorum is a unique species of salvia that is not propagated by seed. It is done almost exclusively by cuttings.

Not to say that it hasn't ever seeded, but the seeds are so rare, that anyone who has managed to induce a plant to produce a seed has gone to great botanical lengths to do so, and is therefore probably most unwilling to sell it. The genetic value alone, over the extremely limited genetic diversity already, would warrant it be kept for further study.

Keep in mind however, that this species is now as illegal as heroin in Australia.

yeah was a shame to loose salvia to the banned list but it won't be the last thing we loose eighter

I don't think I have seen very many sites selling the seeds eigther but what I was told was the hard part is not getting a slavia to produce seed the hard part is producing viable seed for germination , I have read of something like a 85%+ fail rate from seed germination in trials , they are FANTASTIC self propogators though as they put on weight and limbs break off, so if done right you can have 6 one season and come back to many more the next season

you should find out about your local laws and salvia though because it is one of those "special " drugs that the punnishment is completly underestimated you should always know what your getting yourself into even if it turns out to be 100% legal

BTW u can order other S. * plants over the net which contain Thujone such as Salvia apiana.

Does any1 know how good the effects/quality high of Salvia apiana?

Its legal so... yer.

see:

http://www.herbalistics.com.au/shop/produc...&products_id=31

Also what about Salvia mellifera... that doesnt contain thujone though - is this useless?

-D3vu5

Live plants I believe are illegal, and although there aren't exactly any major loopholes for the dried form, there might be one that hasn't been I was told... but until somebody brave tries it, it's not worth taking the risk to try and import some or anything.

Thujone found in wormwood is the key to absinthe, I believe erowid has a wormwood vault. Some people try to brew their own absinthe, and there are no doubt recipes available if you were game... probably best to try commercial before you do, there are a couple legit brands about. If you can't be bothered it wouldn't be too difficult to obtain wormwood and follow similar proceedures to the ones in the erowid vault i.e. vodka extractions.