Extreme Q Vape Temp Help.

Hey guys & gals hope all is well.

So today i received my extreme q vaporizer and im a little confused with what temperature to set it at so if anyone has one or could help me out it would be much appreciated.

I had a look on YouTube for info but i couldn't find much on what temps should be used :(

Its Friday and i know you all are waiting for this, turn it up and listen to all the dogs within a 10 km radius bark and cry in pain lol

Cheers.

OMD.

Edited by OldManDallas
  • Upvote 1

Hey OMD, i set mine at about 185c for 1st run bag fill then i will bump it up to 195c for the 2nd run.

And that would depend on the qualty of the gear as well if i would do a 2nd run on it.

But i have found as well we all do things diff so play a lil with the temps and find what suits u...

• Upvote 1

Sweet thanks very much Ozzy :)

As you said every one is different and that was my problem trying to find info on a good round temp to start at. Its ok smoko its WW old mate had grown. Sweet i will try my first bag at 185 and up it a litlle and see how we go and oh i forgot to add its my first time vaping so im pretty exited lol

Cheers.

Nice one mate.

The biggest thing with vaping is you dont get the hit like a bong or a joint it comes on slowly you fill fine then you find ya self baked and that is a put off for a lot of ppl they like the kick you get from bongs and joints.

It takes a lil gettin use to but once ya do it all gravy from there...

• Upvote 2

From the web.

Cannabinoid Temperature Guide

Cannabis.jpgThe range of temperature in which all cannabinoids evaporate lies between 157 and 220 degrees Celsius. As all cannabinoids have different boiling points, vaporizing the same bowl of herb at different temperatures will generate different results. In general, there‘s two main effects which we will call the “buzz high” and the “body high”. As mentioned above, lower temperatures will have more of a heady effect, whilst higher temperatures will have a more body load effect.

Note: Although some of the following cannabinoids require temperatures above 200 degrees Celsius to evaporate, setting a vaporizer to that temperature runs the risk of causing combustion, which should be avoided.

THC - 157 °C.
The most famous cannabinoid. It has both euphoric and analgesic effects, inducing a great sense of relaxation.

CBD - 160 - 180 °C.
The cannabinoid most sought after by medical users for its vast array of medicinal applications. It partly counters the effects of THC, effectively countering feelings of anxiety and paranoia.

Delta-8-THC - 175 – 178 °C.
This cannabinoid is very similar to THC, but it is more stable and less psychoactive. It has great anti-vomiting properties.

CBN - 185 °C.
CBN is often found in quite small amounts, however, its effects can still be felt. It breaks down THC and is highly associated with a sedative effect.

CBC - 220 °C.
This cannabinoid has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.

THCV - 220 °C.
THCV has been shown to moderate the psychoactive effects of THC, but more research is required.

Flavonoids

Along with terpenoids, flavonoids are little known compared to the famed cannabinoids. Flavonoids are a large class of plant pigments that are sometimes referred to as Vitamin P. Terpenoids and Flavonoids are partly responsible for the looks, taste and smell of a particular strain. They are the reason we open the zip lock before we buy, because their smell reveals a lot about the character of the plant.

They are also thought to have secondary health benefits. The following outlines both the effects and the temperatures at which the flavonoids vaporize at.

Beta-sitosterol - 134 °C.
This flavonoid is thought to have anti-inflammatory qualities.

Apigenin - 178 °C.
Apigenin is thought to be estrogenic, anxiolytic and have anti-inflammatory properties.

Cannflavin A - 182 °C.
This flavonoid is a COX inhibitor.

Quercetin - 250 °C.
Quercetin is an antioxidant and anti-viral flavonoid. It boils at , well out of the cannabis vaporization temperatures.

Terpenoids

Terpenoids are structurally related to terpenes and are naturally occurring in a wide range of plants. In part, they contribute to what what gives plants their unique aromatic quality. The scent of cinnamon, cloves and menthol are examples of well known terpenoids. In fact, the strongest known naturally occurring psychedelic compound - Salvinorin A - is a terpenoid.

The following descriptions outline both the effects and boiling points of terpenoids.

Beta-caryophyllene - 199 °C.
Thought to be anti-inflammatory and anti-malarial.

Alpha-terpinol - 156 °C.
This terpenoid is an antioxidant, sedative, antibiotic and anti-malarial.

Beta-myrcene - 166- 168 °C.
This is analgesic, an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory.

Delta-3-carene - 168 °C.
This terpenoid has anti-inflammatory properties.

1,8-cineole - 176 °C.
1,8-cineole increase cerebral blood flow, acts as a stimulant, and is anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic.

D-limonene - 177 °C.
Perhaps surpringsingly, D-limonene appears naturally in cannabis. It has anti-mutagenic, antidepressant and immune system potentiating properties.

P-cymene - 177 °C.
P-cymene is an antibiotic and an anticandidal agent.

Linalool - 198 °C.
This is an antidepressant, sedative and immune system potentiator.

Terpinol-4-ol - 209 °C.
This is an antibiotic and an AChE inhibitor.

Borneol - 210 °C.
Borneol is an antibiotic.

Alpha-terpineol - 217 °C.
This terpenoid is a sedative, antibiotic, antioxidant and AChE inhibitor.

Pulegone - 224 °C.
Pulegone is a sedative and potentially has memory boosting properties.

What are toxins?

Very simply put, toxins are chemicals that can be harmful to our body. The advantage of vaporizers lies in their unique ability to extract the active ingredients of cannabis, but without the toxins of combustions, such as tar and carbon monoxide.

Vapor can still contain trace amounts of toxins. But compared to the over 100 different PAHs found in smoke, the one single PAH discovered in vapour is obviously a massive reduction. On the other hand, toxins that come from pesticides, herbicides and other chemical agents will also concentrate in vapour - that‘s why choosing organic cannabis is always smart.

The following is small selection of some of the toxins that are released through combustion.

Carbon monoxide and tar
Released by combustion in the form of smoke. They are carcinogenic and can cause lung related problems.

Toleuene
This is not thought to be a very serious toxin, and only appears in small amounts. It can cause light-headedness, nausea, sleepiness and a loss of appetite. Its boiling point is 110 °C., so there is no avoiding it.

Benzene
Benzene is a carcinogen and has a boiling point of 80.1 °C.

Maphthalene
This toxin is possibly a carcinogen and causes light-headedness, nausea, loss of appetite and pale skin. Its boiling point is 218 °C.

Cannabis moisture and vaporizer temperature

Unlike when you use a bong or smoke a joint, bone dry cannabis can still be a delight in a vaporizer. However, because it is so dry, it will vaporize much faster – if it is too hot you run the risk of flash boiling the active ingredients, eliminating taste and flavour. As it is largely going to depend on the situation and strain you are using, there is no definitive guide to how to properly vaporize particularly dry weed; but as a rule of thumb you will want to reduce the temperature from your norm, going lower the drier it is.

Conversely, if your bud is fresh, then it may be very high in moisture. As a result, it can sometimes be hard to get cannabinoids out. To deal with this, it is recommended to do what‘s called a flavonoid run. By putting the vaporizer at a lower temperature (around 138 – 148 °C.), it is possible to gain a bag of flavonoid vapour whilst slowly drying out your cannabis a bit. After this run, your cannabis should be dry enough to vaporize efficiently at THC and other cannabinoid temperatures.

• Upvote 1

Interesting read Ozzy thank you and cheers Qintosh for the reply.

So i had 1 bag at 185 but not much vapor but a lot of taste which was awesome but now im sucking on the second bag at 195 and damn the vapor and taste is amazing. might try 205 for the 3rd and finial bag and see what happens.

Very different feeling from a cone or joint :) Dont know why i waited this long to get one :)

• Upvote 2